2015 Midwest Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I was thinking about our meets and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for when and where we should have the Midwest Meet this year. It may be a bit early yet I suppose but curiosity got the better of me.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Moraine at the old Plant.....

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Don't really care where...just give me a date and location.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We did Quad Cities before

Reactions: stormsurge

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
This is way too East (in my opinion)...maybe if we did something more central, Bill and I can come out... :undecided:

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Furthest I've gone so far was Chicago in 2013. That was about 6-ish hours. I wouldn't be against a longer drive though within reason.

Reactions: Boricua SS

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
SnowBlazer said:
This is way too East (in my opinion)...maybe if we did something more central, Bill and I can come out... :undecided:
That's why it is called the "Midwest" meet. This started back in the days of the OS as we were all "separated" into regional chapters. Now we've become more of a "family" as some members will travel to different parts of the country to participate in meets (Midwest, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, etc...), meet with old friends, make new ones, etc... For example, The Clearwater meet in Florida. Some members have driven from Ohio. I've been to a Mid Atlantic meet in PA. I've been to IL, MI, PA, IN and obviously OH since i live here lol. Just all depends on where you want to drive, if you can get the time off of work/have the funds, get the significant others approval LOL, and if you want to meet your friends or make new ones.

Obviously, the more participants the better (and we had our lowest turnout since i could remember for last years big Midwest meet), but people are always encouraged to start up your own meets. Make a thread, throw out some ideas, and get something set up. I remember years ago that the Midwest would have at the very least 4 meets a year. Now it seems to be just this one big Midwest one every year.

As for Ideas this year, Quad cities is a little far for me (about 7 hours away), but it's manageable. We did Columbus, OH in 2010, Indy in 2011, Coldwater, MI in 2012, Chicago in 2013, and again in IN last year at Fort Wayne. Something in OH would be nice again since it's been 5 years and so I wouldn't have to drive so far :rotfl:, but i wont be that selfish. The TBSS guys up in MI always meet at Woodward during the summer months and they're planning something for May. Maybe it could be a joint meet with them in MI? But it seems like IN is the heart of the Midwest region and a central meeting spot to most Midwest members.

Reactions: Matt

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yup I will be joining my new family in Michigan. Love those guys and the turn out is usually awesome!

Just wanna do something different this year.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Depending on location of this meet, I'll be doing both.

Reactions: jrSS

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
We did Quad Cities before
that was the biggest attended meet iv'e been to.
20 + GMT360/370
will be watching for time and place.

Attachments

• meet 4-18-10 003.jpg
    meet 4-18-10 003.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 45
  • meet 4-18-10 004.jpg
    meet 4-18-10 004.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 44
  • meet 4-18-10 005.jpg
    meet 4-18-10 005.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 44
  • meet 4-18-10 006.jpg
    meet 4-18-10 006.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 44

redmaro42

Sep 25, 2014
I would be game for a MI meet, maybe at the gilmore car museum in Michigan? We did a michigan fbody meet and greet there one year, really cool place.

Reactions: AManders6

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like 4...

Louisville Kentucky
Columbus Ohio
Quad Cities
Chicago

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I like Columbus because it is really close to me :biggrin:

But really any work for me.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Louisville Kentucky gets my vote...never been there.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Chicago, Southern Michigan, NW Ohio, Indy-ish... and all parts in between. Those would be definite yes for me, others are TBD

Reactions: AManders6

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Think it was mentioned already...

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
That would be quite a trip, 9 hours to Des Moines for curiosity sake...

Sure why not. I have vacation time to use this year after all.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Over 10 hours from me to Iowa. Gonna have to be a lot of trucks there for me to commit to that drive :rotfl:

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Louisville kicks ass, Columbus is really close for me.

Sleepy_Jr

Dec 29, 2011
I have to agree with some of the guys. I've been to a lot of different places and dont mind the drive. We should take a poll on locations. Preferably somewhere where there is a bigger commitment of guys to attend. I remember that the Whitewater meet was done to appease the Michigan guys but I believe maybe only one guy if that showed up even though it was in their backyard. Let's not have that happen again. Regardless of where we have it, in the end it'll always be those true fun loving and truck loving guys that'll show.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Will get a poll soon on locale. Suggestions?

Reactions: Aarkon

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
How about a poll for when it may be? Some guys may vote then opt out when the wrong weekend is chosen.. just a thought. :popcorn:

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
How about a poll for when it may be? Some guys may vote then opt out when the wrong weekend is chosen.. just a thought. [emoji14]opcorn:
That is so true. I know me for one, I'm on call every 3rd week and it's very hard to switch with someone.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Location I'm pretty open for, but if it is a distance then the 2nd and 3rd weekends in June are no good. My coworker will be gone June 12-21 so I can't take any time off any of those days. If it is really close then it would be fine as I could go right after work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We will need two...

Location or date poll first?

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I suggest date first since I suspect that will be more of a deciding factor for many...

Or at least for me :biggrin:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
:iagree: I need the date first.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Grimor said:
Chicago, Southern Michigan, NW Ohio, Indy-ish... and all parts in between. Those would be definite yes for me, others are TBD
I second this!!

But since I'm still wet behind the ears around here and have never been to a meet, anywhere within reason near me I'm down for.

Date wise, I'm flexible with work. My only roadblocks are track season, for the competitions (roughly March to May) and then football season, but the heavy stuff with that doesn't happen till late July and August.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Im in for QC Meet. I just had my right leg amputated on the 8th. Dam cancer. I can check with another group im in to see when their track rental is up at Cordova Drag Way. Its only about 20 min. North of the QC. Nice drive up there too. Lots of places to camp. Let me know what you guys need and ill see what I can do. I have lived in Davenport / Bettendorf, Iowa for 51 years. I know all the good spots lol. Just hope I can drive by then.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hope you are doing well brother. Good to see you contribute to this thread.

Reactions: stormsurge

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Its been fun. Last may they gave me two months but I have turned a corner since then and things are looking good now. They say im the longest survivor of stage 4 chondrosarcoma ever. 14 months before me. Almost 3 years now. Thanks. I need to post a update.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Kick ass. F**K CANCER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.