2015 Chevy Colorado/ GMC Canyon NA-Version

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Chevrolet has traveled to the Los Angeles Motor Show to unveil the 2015 Colorado, a midsize pickup designed to slot below the all-new Silverado. Expected to land in showrooms in the fall of 2014, the Colorado will mark the Bowtie's return to the midsize pickup market after a three-year hiatus.

Chevrolet's upcoming midsizer is based on a global market model that also wears the Colorado nameplate but it features more aggressive North America-specific styling that falls in line with the design language introduced on the latest Silverado. The truck boasts a tall front end characterized by angular headlights and an aggressive hood crafted out of aluminum, while flared wheel arches and large vertical tail lamps out back finish off its athletic look.

Read more: LA: Chevrolet's 2015 Colorado midsize pickup | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

I'm sold! ALOT better then the global version. Now just waiting to see the canyon.

Attachments

• 2015-chevrolet-colorado-1_653.jpg
    2015-chevrolet-colorado-1_653.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 36

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
First glance is nice, just wonder how trail worthy the 3.6 Z71 will be? Didn't find gear ratio at Chevrolet.com, but it does have a 6 speed and an auto locking rear diff. AND a 2.5l turbo diesel in 2015?!?! :undecided:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
now if they were to take some of those design elements and apply them to the next gen Tb it would be sick!

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Now you are really dreaming
Since we are dreaming though what about the next generation I6

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Now that is a redesign. The K2XX didn't do much to the full size trucks, but the midsize truly is a redesign.
I've already seen a truckload of 2015 K2XX SUV's so I wonder how long it will be until I see some of these.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I like the idea of letting people know ahead of time that a diesel is going to be an option in the 2nd model year. :thumbsup:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
liking the new front end. never did like parking/turn lights above the headlights.
might have to start saving my pennies.:undecided:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Already planning on getting one, Diesel crew. Trade off the Envoy, and sell the race car.

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
While I found the last generation Colorados to be "okay" I think this is REALLY nice!

I may look into these when they come out.

Chris

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Already planning on getting one, Diesel crew. Trade off the Envoy, and sell the race car.

Diesel crew 6ft bed 4x4 in silver, I need to start saving coins from the couch cushions.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Great improvement over the last colorado I like it. :popcorn:

Just was looking at it and some specs on the chevy site and yes we have a winner. If can't get into the sierra this would be the next best thing or the tahoe. Would like to see the new Canyon as well.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Porkins said:
Diesel crew 6ft bed 4x4 in silver, I need to start saving coins from the couch cushions.

Actually hoping they have an option for a longer bed, but if 6 foot is all they have... Will just have to get one of those trailer hitch extensions. My sleds are 10' foot, and I want to carry both of them on the bed rails..

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Actually hoping they have an option for a longer bed, but if 6 foot is all they have... Will just have to get one of those trailer hitch extensions. My sleds are 10' foot, and I want to carry both of them on the bed rails..

If I remember from the press video that they will only have two beds available 5 & 6 ft.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I may seriously consider a Diesel version after the tb is paid off. But only if its a bit larger then its predecessor.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Being told that the Diesel wont come out until 2015 now.. At least that's what the dealer is telling me.

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Being told that the Diesel wont come out until 2015 now.. At least that's what the dealer is telling me.

That is what GM said when they released the Colorado. Q4 2014 for gas & Q3-Q4 2015 for diesel.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Porkins said:
If I remember from the press video that they will only have two beds available 5 & 6 ft.

Makes sense since this is the "small truck" segment. Usually if you need an 8 ft you get the full size.

I'd like to see a new gen Trailblazer based on this chassis and look. Not the 1st gen traverse-on-steroids looking thing they have currently in Brazil or wherever they are selling it right now.

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Ford may not offer the Ranger in America anymore, nor Dodge (or Ram) its Dakota. But General Motors – not unlike Toyota with its Tacoma and Nissan with the Frontier – isn't about to give up on the midsize pickup market. Less than two months ago, it revealed the new Chevrolet Colorado, and now it's following up with its mechanical twin, the 2015 GMC Canyon.

Launched today ahead of its reveal at the Detroit Auto Show, the Canyon slots into the GMC lineup (and differentiates itself from its Chevrolet twin) with styling that closely apes the larger GMC Sierra 1500 and Sierra HD, only a size or two smaller. Oh, there are visual differences, like a subtly different grille treatment and lower fascia, but it still maintains its big brother's square-jawed good looks and rectilinear flared fenders.

2015 GMC Canyon is a Chevy Colorado in Sierra clothing [w/video] - Autoblog

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
[video=youtube;b3eyt3uG2NA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3eyt3uG2NA[/video]

Yeah Boy! :thumbsup:

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
Simply AWESOME :thumbsup::love0001:Interested in the numbers for the diesel but that's gonna be awhile:popcorn:

I might be wrong but I believe we will find out at DAS.

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
The 2014 Detroit Auto Show press days officially kick off tomorrow, but the night before all the madness commences, General Motors drove its new 2015 GMC Canyon pickup truck out for all to see. To refresh your memory, the Canyon is GMC's new midsize pickup – essentially a re-skinned version of the Chevrolet Colorado that debuted at the LA Auto Show in November.(Click for more)

Click for More GM Promo Pictures
View attachment 32035

Click for More Live Pictures From Detroit
View attachment 32036

Attachments

• 2015-gmc-canyon-2-1.jpg
    2015-gmc-canyon-2-1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 88
  • gmc-canyon-detroit-6-1.jpg
    gmc-canyon-detroit-6-1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 88

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
I am highly excited about this vehicle, I can see it replacing my 2003 trailblazer in the next few years

If I had to configure it now:

Colorado, extended cab, 3.6L V6, rear seat delete option, spray in bed liner

hayes

Oct 6, 2013
rmsg0040 said:
I am highly excited about this vehicle, I can see it replacing my 2003 trailblazer in the next few years

If I had to configure it now:

Colorado, extended cab, 3.6L V6, rear seat delete option, spray in bed liner

I see it as a serious contender with the Tacoma (my first love will always be Toyota!).

My configuration differs a little: Colorado, crew cab, diesel. :drool

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
It will be exciting for the mid size truck market

and

It will interesting to see how Ford and Dodge will respond and other manufacturers as well

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well, after some more research, The Colorado/Canyon is coming in second. I did some extensive research on the webz, and the Colorado/Canyon diesel is going to be a slug, that happens to get good fuel mileage. But the fuel mileage is not going to be that great, for a 2.8 I4, at 32 Hwy MPG, and only have a towing cap of around 1300 lbs (same as the payload). For the pricing, I am looking hard at the Ram EcoDiesel. The "as tested" reviews are showing that they are getting 28.7 MPG, and one show, towing a 7000 lb trailer, getting 21.6. I drive about 80% hwy, so those numbers should be pretty good for me. And towing my 2500 lb (loaded) trailer, will be a easy thing to do.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Fire06 said:
I like the Cummins diesel. Does the Dodge Ecodiesel use the Cummins still.

Negative....they went to an Italian made v6 diesel

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online