2014 silverado aftermarket remote start

kickass audio

Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado LT that came from the factory with the remote start option however I don't like the range of the factory remote and having to keep extending the timer after 10 minutes so I was going to put in the aftermarket remote start I had in my previous vehicle (2004 GMC Envoy). Well when I went to go and do this I got everything hooked up perfectly and when I went to program the DBALL2 module for bypassing the security system it would only have my truck run off accessories (ACC) when I would remote start the truck. It would never try to crank the truck or run off the RUN part of the ignition switch.

My question is this, has anyone put an aftermarket remote start in the truck or has everyone from what it seems been programming the OEM remote start in the truck and adding that on?

My remote starter I am using is a Viper 5901 with a Dball2 module to bypass the security (it even allows the OEM remote to arm and disarm the aftermarket system and even roll up my windows when I have them down and press the lock button on the remote).

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
funny I just use my phone for the distance. remote start is free through OnStar. I have not looked much into the aftermarket stuff for it.

kickass audio

Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
That's fine and dandy but it's only still good for 20 minutes. I don't want to hit the starter twice to get a 20 minute runtime when I need it.

Also I'm not paying for onstar. You can only start the car and unlock/lock it from the app for 5 years from the date of original purchase. I have two more years of that before I'm cut off.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Oh, I don't pay for OnStar. You have me thinking on it since I only have 18 months left on mine.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado LT that came from the factory with the remote start option however I don't like the range of the factory remote and having to keep extending the timer after 10 minutes so I was going to put in the aftermarket remote start I had in my previous vehicle (2004 GMC Envoy). Well when I went to go and do this I got everything hooked up perfectly and when I went to program the DBALL2 module for bypassing the security system it would only have my truck run off accessories (ACC) when I would remote start the truck. It would never try to crank the truck or run off the RUN part of the ignition switch.

My question is this, has anyone put an aftermarket remote start in the truck or has everyone from what it seems been programming the OEM remote start in the truck and adding that on?

My remote starter I am using is a Viper 5901 with a Dball2 module to bypass the security (it even allows the OEM remote to arm and disarm the aftermarket system and even roll up my windows when I have them down and press the lock button on the remote).
Check your firmware vs,. Only certain ones work with the truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online