2014 Meet n Greets - Suggestions?

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ok guys...

Time to start planning for at least a couple of meets this summer...
Let's hear some suggestions on where we can meet... let's try to find places where we can take some great shots too...

I know I want to head back down to Niagara Falls as the scenery is great and there are boatload of places to grab some great shots...
I also wouldn't mind "heading east" as I know there are some members out that way and there's gotta be some nice places to meet, greet, eat & pic whore... :raspberry:

What say you?? :wink:

Mesoholics

Apr 2, 2012
I can volunteer my cottage in late September / early October in Kincardine for a fall color tour, 2.5-3hr drive and BBQ / Beers when we get there. I was going to ask last year but by the time I thought about it was already that time lol.

I did like that Niagara one last year good times.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Ya, I think Kincardine in the fall would be a good spot for a meet, nice sunsets on the lake up there I believe.

On June 6th we should have a meet in Niagara falls or Windsor.......a really really really big meet! Get as many members as possible. Once we all get together at the meeting spot we can then convoy as a group to here...

Spike

Denali n DOO said:
Ya, I think Kincardine in the fall would be a good spot for a meet, nice sunsets on the lake up there I believe.

On June 6th we should have a meet in Niagara falls or Windsor.......a really really really big meet! Get as many members as possible. Once we all get together at the meeting spot we can then convoy as a group to here...

I would try to show up to any meet!

My family camp at Fishermans Cove near Kincardine, Kincardine sounds good to me.

Mesoholics

Apr 2, 2012
Denali n DOO said:

Yeah you could say that

View attachment 33035

Thats from the beach steps from the cottage last year lol

June 6th weekend is actually the only weekend other than some in August that I have booked this year, buddy and I go storm chasing again for the first 2 weeks in May, after that is the June 6th Drag Racing weekend and then I am free till my brothers wedding festivites :wootwoot:

Attachments

• DSCF0112.jpg
    DSCF0112.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 14

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
I may be in for a meet this year. Tried a couple of times, but never could get the time away :-(

Mesoholics

Apr 2, 2012
Well there is a gigantic car show right by my cottage that is on the weekend of October 3-5th called Port Elgin Pumpkinfest, they usually get around 1000 classic cars and there is a giant pumpkin contest etc, I am not sure what weekend everyone is free for but that weekend could work if people want to have a look.

kenmyfam

Dec 11, 2011
South West Ontario, Canada
Once again we are wiling to host a camping weekend meet at Wildwood conservation area near St Mary's / Stratford. 21ft bowrider available for anyone interested in skiing and tubing will be at the dock. We are seasonal there and have pretty much everything needed. Camping available on our site and / or our friends sites very close by.
We will also be interested in other meets as they are arranged.

Spike

I second the motion to go to Wildwood.
Since I really wanted to go to wildwood last year and never made it.
I Have a camper and would not mind making a weekend of it.
kenmyfam said:
Once again we are wiling to host a camping weekend meet at Wildwood conservation area near St Mary's / Stratford. 21ft bowrider available for anyone interested in skiing and tubing will be at the dock. We are seasonal there and have pretty much everything needed. Camping available on our site and / or our friends sites very close by.
We will also be interested in other meets as they are arranged.

kenmyfam

Dec 11, 2011
OK, Campground open, trailer taken there 2 weeks ago. Just got home from an amazing weekend there. Boat comes out of storage Monday evening and off to the park on Friday. Launch and docking Saturday morning. Any suggestions as to dates right now ?? I may have to work a few business trips around the selected weekend. As far as I am concerned anyone out here on the forum is welcome no matter what the vehicle. Ours is pretty original except an additional tranny cooler and electronic brake hook up.
Looking forwad to a good weekend.

May 5, 2013
I'm gonna go a head and subscribe to this thread. I'd like to make it out to a meet but it'll all depend on availability and location.

Reactions: CdnGMan

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
How about in front of a certain office? Just make sure you have a big GMTN banner.

Reactions: CdnGMan

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
We'll be at Wildwood June 13-15 for my mother-in-law's birthday in the area. How are the bike trails this year? Much damage from the ice storm?

Kenmyfam, maybe we can share another beer by the campfire?

kenmyfam

Dec 11, 2011
muddy tires said:
We'll be at Wildwood June 13-15 for my mother-in-law's birthday in the area. How are the bike trails this year? Much damage from the ice storm?

Kenmyfam, maybe we can share another beer by the campfire
.So sorry. Only just saw this.
Wish you had stopped by our site. We were there. Are you back before the season closes ??

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I might have to stop by with some beers for some advice on trailer brands. We went camping this past weekend at Driftwood Park near Clifford. My wife and kids enjoyed it so much that we're now looking to buy a trailer to park somewhere seasonally.

Looking has sure been an adventure so far. Started at that park with a 2005 35' Wildwood at $14000, then a 1999 Northland Legacy with 2 tip out a full deck $15000....was considering this until I got a call today that a 1998 Golden Falcon with full deck and a Florida room for $22000 on a premium site. The bonus with these was lot location, some had premium lots, full length decks, sun room, sheds. Downfall is the units are 14-16 years old already.

As of dinner today we are looking for a 2012-2014, 31'- 40', $27000 being some what the max (cash deal unless I find 0% financing). I want something with lots of space for kids and guests. Here's some I like at Mobilife in Kitchener,

2014 Forest River Wildwood 31QBTS - http://www.mobilife.on.ca/rv-inventory.asp?stype=Travel+Trailer&stype2=Hybrid

2014 Forest River Wildwood 36 BHBS - http://www.mobilife.on.ca/rv-inventory.asp?stype=Park+Model

2014 Keystone Hideout 38 BHDS - http://www.mobilife.on.ca/RV-Details.asp?stype=Park+Model&VEHICLE_NO=467802&DEALER_NO=4250#.U8SOipRdVIE

My wifes brothers has a nice 2013 Salem Villa with 2 tip outs making a huge living room with a fireplace but minimal sleeping areas. Gonna look at some Salems too with different floorplans.

I'll have my father in law move it with his 2500 hd if I don't get free delivery and set up.

2014 FORE

Reactions: kenmyfam

kenmyfam

Dec 11, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I might have to stop by with some beers for some advice on trailer brands. We went camping this past weekend at Driftwood Park near Clifford. My wife and kids enjoyed it so much that we're now looking to buy a trailer to park somewhere seasonally.

Looking has sure been an adventure so far. Started at that park with a 2005 35' Wildwood at $14000, then a 1999 Northland Legacy with 2 tip out a full deck $15000....was considering this until I got a call today that a 1998 Golden Falcon with full deck and a Florida room for $22000 on a premium site. The bonus with these was lot location, some had premium lots, full length decks, sun room, sheds. Downfall is the units are 14-16 years old already.

As of dinner today we are looking for a 2012-2014, 31'- 40', $27000 being some what the max (cash deal unless I find 0% financing). I want something with lots of space for kids and guests. Here's some I like at Mobilife in Kitchener,

2014 Forest River Wildwood 31QBTS - http://www.mobilife.on.ca/rv-inventory.asp?stype=Travel+Trailer&stype2=Hybrid

2014 Forest River Wildwood 36 BHBS - http://www.mobilife.on.ca/rv-inventory.asp?stype=Park+Model

2014 Keystone Hideout 38 BHDS - http://www.mobilife.on.ca/RV-Details.asp?stype=Park+Model&VEHICLE_NO=467802&DEALER_NO=4250#.U8SOipRdVIE

My wifes brothers has a nice 2013 Salem Villa with 2 tip outs making a huge living room with a fireplace but minimal sleeping areas. Gonna look at some Salems too with different floorplans.

I'll have my father in law move it with his 2500 hd if I don't get free delivery and set up.

Come and join us this weekend. Would be great to meet up and sink a beer or two. PM me if you want details of our site location.
Rock and Roll !!!
Ken.

2014 FORE

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I'll see what happens, I'll have to go to Driftwood to find a site I like. Looks like we'll be getting a Salem Estate 404FB. I really like it. Sleeps 9, lay z boy furniture, stereo with subwoofer, full size fridge n stove, fireplace. Back room has bunks, dining table(bed), stereo and big windows. This will be our holidays for a few years now. Driftwood is only an hour drive for us so it should get lots of use.

http://www.campinginstyle.com/RV-Details.asp?stype=Park+Model&offset=0&VEHICLE_NO=416544&DEALER_NO=4015#.U8e2xpRdVIE

I'll PM you later for directions and hopefully I have time to drop by.

kenmyfam

Dec 11, 2011
Had a great weekend meeting Spike and his family at Wildwood. He is there for a couple more days. We came home late last night unfortunately as we had to work today.
Spike, you have a great family my friend. It was our pleasure to be part of your vacation :smile:
:smile: :smile:

Let's get more out next time. The boating was great yesterday. :biggrin:
Some photo's to follow.

Spike

My family and I had a fantastic time at Wildwood. Kids loved the tubing the most. They also like the fishing and camp fires.

We really should have a GMT meet at wildwood. I'm sure everyone would have a good time. It's a very well kept park.

Thanks again for taking us out on your boat! And it was a pleasure meeting you guys too! Hope to do it again soon!

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
We should do a meet in virgina I hear they have a lot of historic areas. Just a suggestion.

kenmyfam

Dec 11, 2011
Spike said:
My family and I had a fantastic time at Wildwood. Kids loved the tubing the most. They also like the fishing and camp fires.

We really should have a GMT meet at wildwood. I'm sure everyone would have a good time. It's a very well kept park.

Thanks again for taking us out on your boat! And it was a pleasure meeting you guys too! Hope to do it again soon!
Glad you enjoyed Wildwood and especially glad you enjoyed the boating and tubing. :biggrin: :thumbsup: We are pretty much there every weekend and you will always be welcome. You guys tubed like pro's, especially as it was the first time for you. We gave you a more "exciting" ride than we normally do. Great job. Are you going to post some photos ??? if not can you send me some by e-mail.
We are looking forward to next time. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Anyone els wants to come up there please let me know. :smile: :biggrin:

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
No worries. I was going to ring you up just in case but then we were so busy with family events that we just kind of ran out of time. We'll certainly take you up on your offer for next time but that will either be late fall or next year. Not enough weekends - too many events!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.