2013 Charity Air Miles

RayVoy

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
RayVoy said:
Some of you know that I am a Shriner (Luxor Temple). We operate 22 hospitals for children in North America. We operate these hospitals at no charge to the parents. A few years ago, United Airlines launched the 10 million miles giveaway program (an online voting contest). Last year the winner's share was 3 million miles, with the remaining miles going to the charities in 2nd through whatever place, I assume, this year's winner will receive the same 3 million charity miles.

The Shriners use the air miles to reduce our cost of transporting the children, to the hospitals, to receive the required specialized care.

The Shriners Hospital is only one of the charities entered into the United Airlines contest, I would appreciate a vote for the Shriners, but if you see an other charity that you wish to vote for, please do.

The contest is over on Dec 25th. Voting is at 10 Million Charity Miles Giveaway you may vote once a day per device.

Thank you for your support,

Noble Ray
Hi guys and gals, I posted the above last year. United, again this year, is offering 10 million air miles to be divided over the selected charities. Last year, thanks to people like you and many others, the Shrines came in 1st place.

The link, like last year, is: 10 Million Charity Miles Giveaway you can vote once a day per device. Thank you for voting, Ray

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
Voted...It would be nice if Air Canada or Westjet did something similar on this side of the border

RayVoy

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Numbnutz said:
Voted...It would be nice if Air Canada or Westjet did something similar on this side of the border
Yeah, it would, we spend a lot of money on air fare. We got lucky in New Brunswick, one of our guys is an Air Canada employee and knows how to get the seat sales; he saves us a bit of $$.

If any of you, or your friends, have a child that we can help, please contact me.

We offer free medical care for children with burns, orthopedic problems, spinal cord injuries and cleft palate.

RayVoy

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Bump :yes:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Ahhh, so it's not over until the 31st. Boy - close race now between 1st and 2nd place.

RayVoy

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
close race now between 1st and 2nd place.
Yeah, less than 300 votes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online