2013 2wd 6/8 now, will be 6/9 drop when done

GotAir?

Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Heres my brothers truck, he just bought it new a month or two ago, just got all the suspension mostly done, still have to do the mini-notch and were gonna raise the rear tubs in the bed a couple inches, just for better clearance when towing. Heres what was done, what parts we used, and a few pics. Hope you guys enjoy. Any questions feel free to ask or msg me.
Front: DJM upper and lower control arms with camber plates for uppers. Beltech drop spindles (had to grind a 45 on the edge where the tie rod bolts in cause the tie rod hit it when tightened down and set on the ground), also had to remove factory metal inner fenders, raise pass side batt tray, remount coolant reservoir (only had to trim off and remount the part that mounted to batt tray, still used fact mount under airbox), had to cut out, flip and re-use the bracket built into inner fender we cut out for fuse box front mount, custom rear mount for fuse box, and trimmed sides and made a couple new small holes in bottom of fuse box to be able to tie up wires as high as possible to the underside of fuse box just for a little extra clearance so nothing rubs. We are adding the factory plastic inner fender liners back in, i just gotta redrill and trim a little and mount them a couple inches higher than factory. And that is it for the front, it all aligned perfect, i just drove 500 miles around the state this weekend and drives amazing.
Rear: DJM flip kit, DJM drop shackles(only set to 1 inch drop now, will be set to 2 when mini-notch is done), Beltech street performance drop shocks, McGaughys helper bag kit, McGaughys mini-notch (not currently installed, but will be in the next week or two), and we are also raising the factory wheel tubs in the bed a couple inches just for a little extra clearance so nothing rubs if were hauling a car hauler and hit a big bump. The rear looked killer at 8inch drop but slapped the frame a lot, so we still need to do the mini-notch and raise the wheel tubs, but temporarily we just put some pressure in the rear helper bags, which makes the rear ride amazing, even with the stiffer beltech shocks. We will finish the mininotch in the next couple weeks and be able to let the pressure outta the bags and have the clearance to not slap frame.

I think i covered everything.......lol, like i said any questions just ask. Oh and the wheels are 24 inch KMC slides, just realized no center caps until the last pic, but u get the idea. Also everything was done in my garage at home with no hoist, so its possible to do yourself with a little common sense and mechanical knowledge and motivation.
1zoc4l4.jpg

stock height with rims on (and full hid treatment as well, heres the fogs)^^^^
v4z7sm.jpg

here is the rear done^^^ (also shows the small little garage that we did everything in, lol)
16hm5xv.jpg

all done minus mininotch, here is rear with flip kit and shackles set to 1in drop, still have one more adjustment to go down another inch^^^
20sydmc.jpg

another shot same as above shot just other side of truck^^^
27zketl.jpg

here it is the same, except u can see the rear lifted since we put pressure in the helper bags, this is how shes gonna ride until we do the mini-notch, takes a HUGE bump to slap frame now.

GotAir?

Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Also too, when were done the rear will be down to 9 inches, but will probably be set at 8 like u see in the first two finished pics, simply because running a few psi in the helper bags makes a huge difference on how the rear of the truck rides, but will slightly raise the rear end at the same time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online