Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
From Expedition Portal:

Full Thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...orkshop-Thread

Info:

2012 Southeastern Regional Overland Rally and Workshop

When: September 27th – 30th 2012
Where: Crawford’s Camp just outside Murphy, NC

Murphy, North Carolina, is an old town with its origin dating back to 1839 and is located in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains in the Southwest corner, where North Carolina boarders with Georgia and Tennessee. Home (Their website is currently experiencing problems, hope they have it back up running soon)

The information will be uploaded shortly to the official rally site
http://www.overlandrally.com/Overlan...Southeast.html

Preliminary Schedule:
Please check regularly for up-dates as the schedule should become more and more exciting:

Thursday, September 27th:
3:00 PM Doors open
7:00 PM Meet & Greet at Camp Fire

Friday, September 28th:
Breakfast
9:00 am – 11:00 am Classes
11:00 am – 1:00 pm Classes
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Leisure / Vendor / Exploring / Communicating / Socializing / Trail Riding Time
6:00 pm – who knows when Pot-look Dinner

Saturday, September 29th:
Breakfast
9:00 am – 11:00 am Classes
11:00 am – 1:00 pm Classes
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Leisure / Vendor / Exploring / Communicating / Socializing / Trail Riding Time
6:00 pm – who knows when Dinner provided by the Overland Rally

Sunday, September 30th::
Breakfast
9:00 am – 11:00 am Annual Rally Challenge
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Rally classification
12:00 pm start leaving camp

Classes & Discussions:
So far, I’m in the process of lining up the following classes. PLEASE, let me know what classes you are interested in. I am thankful to any suggestions and ideas:

•Basic 4WD
•Advanced 4WD
•Spotting
•Synthetic winch line repair
•Photography
•Round table international traveling, border crossing
•Round table traveling with kids
•List to be continued

Vendors:
I currently have no information regarding our national vendors. Of our local good guys, the following vendors already expressed their firm intention to attend the Rally:

•Southeast Overland LLC
•Ujoint Off Road expressed interest
•List will constantly be updated

If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to PM me, or send me an e-mail to southeasternoverlandrally@gmail.com.

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
definitely interested. haven't used my xuv tent, yet, so can't wait for some updated info.

i'm interested in the photography and spotting classes. any more details on those?

edit: the expeditionportal link isn't working and i couldn't find the info on their site.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Kyle, are you considering making this trip? I would be interested in trying to go down, it would be cool to have someone to travel with.

Edit: the link to expedition portal does not work for me.

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
i see registrations for north carolina and georgia. but no info on the georgia rally. is there really one happening?

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
04xuv said:
i see registrations for north carolina and georgia. but no info on the georgia rally. is there really one happening?

got a reply from those in charge. plus some extra info. here it is:

I apologize for the confusion. Originally the event was planned for a location close to Atlanta, GA, but we moved it to Murphy, NC. I'm not sure if I was not clear in my instructions or if somebody else had a bad day, but instead of replacing Atlanta with Murphy, they added it both location. Murphy, NC is the correct one

There is no extra charge for classes; camping, Saturday dinner, evening presentations, most trail rides, it is all included in the weekend pass. You don't have to sign up for the classes. Closer to the event, we will have a schedule posted. You just pick and chose on site what you feel like doing. If you don't like a class you picked, just walk out of it; if you love a class very much, feel free to take it twice. Most classes except the dual sport bike classes will be held once on Friday and once on Saturday.

There are some optional upgrades that would cost extra:
If you prefer a cabin instead of camping
If you would like to have a camp site with water and electricity hookup
Optional trail ride on a private property called "Snowbird"

on a kind of related note, it looks like i'll be the official photographer for GULCHFEST 2012. can't wait.
the dates are october 18-21. i'll start a fresh thread with some more info.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
After following the expo thread...i list any desire to attend.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online