2012 Silverado 5.3 2wd questions

Cr500monster

Original poster
Feb 15, 2021
Arkansas
Hi I have a 2012 Silverado with 5.3 . I started my truck Sunday morning to go to work everything sounded good , I let it warm up climb in to leave and the problems start. The check engine light is on the traction controll and stabilitrak are off and the engine is in limp mode or what ever it’s called . Anyway drove the wife’s car to work . Bought a battery and stuff for oil change, and extra oil in case .Engine was about a quart and a half low ,started it up had power but check engine light was still on and forgot to look at traction controll. Iguess my question is would a low oil shut those systems down and put truck in limp mode . I plane on going to oreillys in the morning if I can get there to read code before I change battery. Any help would be greatfull

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not likely. Even when there is no oil pressure, engine will continue to run "normally".

Until you get the codes read, we have nothing to work on.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
@Mooseman is correct.. as Johnny5 said.. More Input!

Cr500monster

Original poster
Feb 15, 2021
Arkansas
Code was a p2135 throttle position sensor . But I put the new battery in and everything seems like its working now . Maybe most of the problem was the old battery and the weather finally taking it out

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Its possible it was a ghost code, or a voltage variation in the system. Only time will tell.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.