2012 Midwest meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
On TV, I started a thread to get ideas for next year's meet. It had been suggested that we have it in Michigan. I know that spring seems like a long way off, but it really will be here before we know it. It would be nice to get some ideas started so that we're not scrambling at the last minute trying to throw something together.

So here's the new thread...

jham

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
On TV, I started a thread to get ideas for next year's meet. It had been suggested that we have it in Michigan. I know that spring seems like a long way off, but it really will be here before we know it. It would be nice to get some ideas started so that we're not scrambling at the last minute trying to throw something together.

So here's the new thread...

the talk on the os was silver lake Michigan If i am not mistaken

SEKOLAx216

Dec 8, 2011
Parma, Ohio
Count me in for where ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
michigan works for me... i know we discussed this due to the low attendance at the MI meets... and so far we've done C-Bus in 2010, and Indy in 2011.... MI sounds good to me...

the only thing ill need to know is a date and a place so i can request the time off from work... but there is polenty of time to figure that out... but i do need a months notice to have the time off of work...

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Boricua SS said:
michigan works for me... i know we discussed this due to the low attendance at the MI meets... and so far we've done C-Bus in 2010, and Indy in 2011.... MI sounds good to me...

the only thing ill need to know is a date and a place so i can request the time off from work... but there is polenty of time to figure that out... but i do need a months notice to have the time off of work...

if we can get a rough date I could start calling hotels and campgrounds

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
MI is cool. Cant wait for a big meet. Gonna try to do spring and kick off the meet season?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Michigan? Probably too far for me :sadcry:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You KNOW I'll be there!

SEKOLAx216

Dec 8, 2011
Parma, Ohio
We don't give a damn for the whole state of michigan. Cuz were from Ohio O H I O :smile:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:

I probably won't make it either, but we can come up with a meet in Marion or C-bus this summer.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:

Short Bus said:
I probably won't make it either, but we can come up with a meet in Marion or C-bus this summer.
Remember, this is the big Midwest meet we're planning here. We try to switch up the state every year. (Ohio was in 2010) There will be smaller local meets in individual states. Just keep watching the Midwest section. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well depending on what day and where in Michigan it is, I might be able to make it. We'll have to see as details unfold.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Here is a link to the area that has been brought up DNR - Silver Lake State Park Information

And here is a link for the Camping site and hotels in the areas Lodging | Hotels | Silver Lake, Hart, Mears and Pentwater Michigan. - Silver Lake Sand Dunes Area

If we have this meet before Memorial day we will be limited on places to eat and such

[GMAP] http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=Chicago,+IL&daddr=Hart,+Michigan&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.301626,81.738281&ie=UTF8&z=8q2=mears%2C%20mi%20us[/GMAP]

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Realistically I think it is going to have to be in the Lansing area. We can't get to far north without losing a lot of people due to the distance needed to travel. I will gladly do anything I can to put this together.

Of course, where ever it is, there will be a big Voy and a little Brava in attendance from my driveway. :thumbsup:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Regulator said:
Realistically I think it is going to have to be in the Lansing area. We can't get to far north without losing a lot of people due to the distance needed to travel. I will gladly do anything I can to put this together.

Of course, where ever it is, there will be a big Voy and a little Brava in attendance from my driveway. :thumbsup:

i have another place in mind its Near Coldwater MI
With the initial meet being in coldwater Mi. there is alot of hotels and restaurants in the area. Then convoy over to the off-road park for those that want to partake and those that want to watch and ride along

Bundy Hill Off Road

[video=youtube;4O1mTadTpl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4O1mTadTpl4[/video]

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Bundy Hill would be kind of cool. We could have an offroad event planned for the weekend. I know that not everyone is going to be lifted, but there are enough lifted trucks now that I am sure we can open up passenger seats and take some of the speed bump draggers out to play.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Regulator said:
Bundy Hill would be kind of cool. We could have an offroad event planned for the weekend. I know that not everyone is going to be lifted, but there are enough lifted trucks now that I am sure we can open up passenger seats and take some of the speed bump draggers out to play.

that was my thoughts At the fall Michigan meet that was the talk

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:

Hey now, we stock guys aren't that low :rotfl:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
I am going to stop in coldwater on the 26th to do some recon for the meet. I know that a few years ago there was a drive-in movie theater there. If anyone has requests for me to check on while I am there let me know

jham

Nov 20, 2011
big ed said:
don't know if michblaze from the OS has made the switch yet, but he did pick a good spot. (can't see it now, cause Im banned ) but anyway, where ever you guys pick, myself and Ms silverBullet will be there, just need to know where and when..:wootwoot:

I believe the place that was picked was silver lake. It has seem that the consensus from alot of members was that it was to far.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
:bump:

Helloooo? Helloooo? Helloooo?

Any more ideas?

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I am liking Coldwater, MI. A quick search of their city website (City of Coldwater) shows a city park (Heritage Park: City of Coldwater) with pavilions available plus a lot of nice amenities that would suit us well. We could do a Saturday meet with a pass a dish lunch / barbeque.

For dinner that night there are plenty of local restaurants that have good reviews. A couple that stood out were Tail Gator's Sports Bar (Great pizza and burgers), Los Tequilas (Mexican), and Stoagies Family Room Cafe.

For lodging they have all the major hotel chains available so I am sure we can get a good group rate or folks can find good deals through hotwire. All the hotels look to be walking distance from each other so even if we are split up a bit it shouldn't be an issue for parking lot festivities.

Sunday morning it looks like Jeannie's Diner is the place to go for breakfast. From what I read it is a popular place, but if we beat the church crowd we shouldn't have any issues getting served.

Sunday day we can head over to Bundy Hill and provide an off road get together for the larger trucks, and anyone who is interested in riding along as a passenger for the day.

Drive time looks to be a local drive from Kalamazoo and Lansing, MI; 1 hour Fort Wayne, IN; 2 hours from Detroit, MI; 3 hours from downtown Chicago, IL and Indianapolis, IN; 4 hours from Columbus, OH; 5 hours from Louisville, KY; and 6 hours from Amana, IA.

If this seems like a workable idea I have no issue running with it and helping plan, provided a local MI member doesn't want to step in and take charge!

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Bumpity Bump Bump Bump! :biggrin:

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
Do we have a general idea of when this is going to be? I'm taking a few summer classes up at Michigan Tech and won't be back down state till June 22nd, so anything after that would be work awesome for me. But if that doesn't work I'll do what I can to make it down for this meet, sure would be nice to meet some new people.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Usually the meet is early in May.

Jham and I can take the lead and get this together if my above plan sounds feasible. So how about it folks, can we get some feedback?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
A big meet would be awesome to have! Just depends on time and location for me

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
Usually the meet is early in May.

Jham and I can take the lead and get this together if my above plan sounds feasible. So how about it folks, can we get some feedback?

Anything is fine with me!! I have a break between April 27th and May 7th but I doubt it will be that early in May, looks like I might just have to make it a weekend trip... Not like I haven't done that before :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Coldwater works for me.. its only 2:45-3 hours away from me.. so im fine with that...

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
I hope I am able to come. After all, I am 21 so I should be able to leave the house for little or no reason. "People I found on the internet" doesn't work.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
DJones said:
I hope I am able to come. After all, I am 21 so I should be able to leave the house for little or no reason. "People I found on the internet" doesn't work.

and why not? :raspberry:

i flew 1800 miles down to florida and Carlton (Blksdw) picked me up from my hotel, drove me to a few sights in florida, and then to the meet that was planned in what i would like to think in my honor for being in florida :crackup:, but no seriously, it was a great time and im glad i made it to florida

you meet a lot of good people, and in my instance, some new life long friends from the online community..

hell, according to a dating website, 1 in 5 relationships starts online :rotfl::raspberry::crackup:, so im sure you could wing it man :thumbsup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
DJones said:

Just don't tell your Dad your wanting to do anything to your truck, he will want to come with you again! :raspberry:

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
So.. anything new on a spring meet? I'm looking forward to meeting you guys/girls! If I can help plan in some way let me know.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fishguy1123 said:
So.. anything new on a spring meet?

:iagree:... any dates being set yet? February is already here next week.. time is flying by... and vacations are being reserved fast at my job...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I'll try to go!!

That is if I have the funds...who knows, maybe I can ride down with someone....hmmmm

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
I'll keep an eye on this and try to make it if possible. Suppose i better get to work on some of the mods I want to finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86