Not open for further replies.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
2012 GMC Acadia Stretched Timing Chains & Engine R&R:

So THIS is a *** Two Hours Plus Training Video from 1AAUTO covering their response to having a P0016 Code prove out to be “Stretched Timing Chains” in a 2012 GMC Acadia and showing all of the work involved to perform this unusually ambitious Engine R&R & Timing Chain R&R.

This is some Very Interesting Diagnostic & Mechanical Work... But... NOT for the ‘Faint Of Heart’:

*** @Mooseman often suggests playing Long Videos like this one @ 2X Speed on line and my suggestion would be to Download it first and then watch it often and at your own pace.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
It was reported that a lot of the 3.6 problems got corrected in 2013. I dont believe it thou..

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
It was reported that a lot of the 3.6 problems got corrected in 2013. I dont believe it thou..

Neither do I when someone at work had a 2017 Caddy with the 3.6 and just got rid of it because of engine issues.

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
Neither do I when someone at work had a 2017 Caddy with the 3.6 and just got rid of it because of engine
Don't the newer Gm Colorado and Canyon pickups have the 3.6 in them? Would the same issues be with those as well ?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Watching this video just gave me a whole new appreciation for the simplicity of the Gen III 5.3L in my '03 Suburban.
I can relate ENTIRELY! I just try to avoid the 3.6 entirely...

Don't the newer Gm Colorado and Canyon pickups have the 3.6 in them? Would the same issues be with those as well ?
They do, same engine, from the camaro/G8/SRX

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You can see all of what was involved in working on the GMC Vehicle under "The Best Of Conditions" in this Video... but his struggle was a mere Mooncast Shadow of Difficulty when compared with the Burning Sunshine of Problems involved when doing this kind of Very Touchy, Technical Repair... While the Engine is still Nested INSIDE of the Engine Bay like an Alabama Tick on a Hunting Hound.

You have to imagine doing this kind of work in someone else's garage ...500 Miles out in the Rural Woods for three weeks straight ...Waiting for Parts from Japan... Suffering Tool Breakage... Fighting the Weather, Damp Cold Air upon an Open Motor... Fighting the God-Awful Torque holding the "Jesus Bolt" inside the HB to Crankshaft until a $450.00 Milwaukee 1,400 M-18 Heavy Duty Impact Tool Kit came to the Rescue... and on an on.

After I successfully endured this Solo Repair Experience with a 2007 Nissan Quest 3.5L V-6 Engine, the "Talisman and Blood Oath Vow" I took away from this Job was to place all of the Grenade Pins from the New Nissan Timing Chain Set Tensioners onto my Key Chain-Fobs carrier to remind me in perpetuity...

NEVER... EVER... Volunteer to Do THIS Kind of Work... AGAIN!

32529105227_fdc6414659_c.jpg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
W**!

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011