2009 VW Jetta "BLACK"

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
This was my first flat black car and I truly wasn't able to get everything out, but feel I made it look a lot more presentable for a daily driver. I have some harder stuff I could of hit it with, but I went more conservative thinking that it wan't worth going deeper into the clear coat for what was there...

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8059.jpg

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8043.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

IMG_8041.jpg

IMG_8039.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

IMG_8000.jpg

IMG_7991.jpg

2009Jettawheelsection.jpg

2009JettaTrunkBA.jpg

2009jettabeforeandafterfender.jpg

2009JettaBAside.jpg

2009JettaBApassside.jpg

2009JettaBAHood.jpg

2009JettaBAgas.jpg

2009JettaBAfront.jpg

2009JettaBAfrontfender.jpg

2009JettaBAdoor.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
mapanch said:
That looks great. How much time to you have in that?

And whats your compound/pad combo?

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
And whats your compound/pad combo?

This one took about 8hrs. It was a 3step compound/polish/sealer. I was using a menzerna SIP on a LC orange pad followed with menzerna super finish on an LC white pad and lastly menzerna powerlock on a LC red pad. This was all done with a flex 3401 DA.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Looks good, Ive gotta spend some quality time with my SS again really soon and probably should do my brother's 08 Jetta (that looks identical to that except an auto and metallic blue). Haven't done a metallic car yet as both my TBs are solid white, but Ill just do my research and take it nice and slow!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
ScarabEpic22 said:
Looks good, Ive gotta spend some quality time with my SS again really soon and probably should do my brother's 08 Jetta (that looks identical to that except an auto and metallic blue). Haven't done a metallic car yet as both my TBs are solid white, but Ill just do my research and take it nice and slow!

My envoy is carbon black. I have some good pics of it with heavy swirl marks being removed. If you go to my facebook page you can see it. Pure Gem Detailing | Facebook

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:

Go lurk around autopia thats where I learned everything, and just web articles I actually made some decent money last year just doing some cars of friends and family. It's a reallllyyy addictive thing pretty sure I was borderline insane last year about visual car care, now with the SS and mines white also its much easier to keep looking good then the black.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
ChriSS K said:
My envoy is carbon black. I have some good pics of it with heavy swirl marks being removed. If you go to my facebook page you can see it. Pure Gem Detailing | Facebook

STLtrailbSS said:
Go lurk around autopia thats where I learned everything, and just web articles I actually made some decent money last year just doing some cars of friends and family. It's a reallllyyy addictive thing pretty sure I was borderline insane last year about visual car care, now with the SS and mines white also its much easier to keep looking good then the black.

Yea Ive done my 02 a few times and the SS once (kills me, didnt wax is last year :hissyfit::banghead:smile: and have everything from Griots Garage except I have a PC random orbital. Need to get break out the Griots pads I have and attack, oh and guess I need some more wheel cleaner too!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online