2008 trailblazer will not start

mike0714

Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
ny
hi every one new on this site my truck wont start

when i try to hook up a remote start the pass lock came on

so i look up how to by pass it they said to cut the yellow wire on to of the ignition

so i did put some how the other wires came out of the plug so i push them back in the truck work good

to one day i went to the store and when i came out it will not start the security light was flashing

i had the truck tow home

i got a steering column out of a 08 gmc envoy and hook it up

reprogram the pass lock the truck crank over put did not start

it is geting fuel and spark i put a new camshaft sensor in still wont start

i open the the butter fly on the throttle body a little she start up ran for a minute then stall

i open it more it had more power for a minute then stall

i don.t know if the pcm is bad a while back i was geting codes that had knothing to do with the truck

any help please i been out in the cold trying to work on it for a week thanks mike

Last edited by a moderator:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Mike… Without knowing precisely which after-market remote starter set up you have… this link will describe the wiring set up for THEIR particular design… but at the very least...their information describes What Wire, Goes Where...and Why… and provides additional information about the PASS-LOCK issues their customers will likely encounter.

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2008-2009/Chevrolet/trailblazer/512.html

Without knowing how comfortable your present skill level with this hardware is… if you just need to return things back to being “Stock as a Clock”, then getting a Basic Ignition Wiring Diagram is good place to begin. And we do have a few Genius Members with a history of solving these “Ghost in the Wiring” kinds of problems: @coolasice and @budwich being two of the best at this stuff.

If you can do this without losing your mind...the next time you have the underside of the Dash Panel and Steering Column panels and covers removed… Take as many digital pictures and close-up images of EVERYTHING you touched, moved, cut, taped, crimped, plugged-in or re-wired ...and post them all back here (or add the links to your Photobucket) as it will save you a lot of your time trying to explain what can more easily be seen and it will prompt the Members to ask you the Right Questions.

Before doing any written replies… try to organize ahead of time and list things in the order you performed them so you can use that as a Check List of Things Done So Far vs. What Needs to BE Done Next… and it will help get you back on the road again with the least amount of delay.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
hi every one new on this site my truck wont start

when i try to hook up a remote start the pass lock came on

so i look up how to by pass it they said to cut the yellow wire on to of the ignition
Did you install a passlock bypass module?

so i did put some how the other wires came out of the plug so i push them back in the truck work good

to one day i went to the store and when i came out it will not start the security light was flashing

i had the truck tow home

i got a steering column out of a 08 gmc envoy and hook it up

reprogram the pass lock the truck crank over put did not start
Try the passlock reprogram again. May not have taken.

it is geting fuel and spark i put a new camshaft sensor in still wont start

i open the the butter fly on the throttle body a little she start up ran for a minute then stall

i open it more it had more power for a minute then stall
Don't open the throttle valve by hand when the ignition is on! It could damage the motor and gears and cause a world of problems.

i don.t know if the pcm is bad a while back i was geting codes that had knothing to do with the truck
What were the codes?

any help please i been out in the cold trying to work on it for a week thanks mike

I would start with the above, return the unit to stock. The envoy column should't pose a problem as the wiring is all the same. Disconnect the battery and let it sit for ~15-20 mins to be sure it fully resets everything. Reconnect the battery and do a passlock relearn. Then try to start the truck.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For 2008, it's a different procedure for learning the new Theft Deterrent Module (key cylinder sensor) in this steering column. You need a Tech 2 to do this or even possibly a dealer because it is so recent, the programming software that comes with the Tech 2 clones may not be able to do this. The attached GM-SI document says to connect to "Techline", which is the newer online program instead of the old Tis2000.

One way to get out of having to do this is to replace the module in this column with the original one in your old column. The other way would be to get a PCM tune and turn off the Vehicle Theft Deterrent.

Attachments

• Theft Deterrent Control Module Programming and Setup.pdf
    11.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Theft Deterrent Module Replacement.pdf
    224.6 KB · Views: 3

mike0714

Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
ny
THANK YOU I PUT THE OLD STEERING COLUMN BACK IN I

FIX ALL THE WIRES AND PLUGS ON IT DID THE SECURITY

THING ON IT IT PASS TRUCK STILL WON'T START I CHECK