2008 Trailblazer Will not start, will not shift to neutral to tow.

tonyl

Original poster
Mar 22, 2023
Binghamton, NY
2008 Trailblazer has a good, tested battery will not turn over, Will not start, will not shift to neutral to tow. Has no check engine or any other lights on instrument panel the only one that lights is the seat belt light. Windows will not go up or down. Power seats work headlights, horn, turn signals and all other lights work. I cannot even push in the button on the shifter when trying to shift to neutral and yes, I do hold down the brake.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hmm, I would suspect the Park/Neutral safety switch, but that doesn't have anything to do with the windows. Maybe you have 2 separate issues?

Are you able to get the center console taken out? On the passenger side of the shifter base is a release button that will allow you to shift the trans into neutral for towing.

Edit: you won't be able to take the console completely off, since you can't move the gear shift , but you may be able to get it lifted just enough to slide your hand up from the bottom of the passenger side to press the release button :twocents:

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove