2008 trailblazer sound problem

Mimi

Original poster
Feb 29, 2020
Ottawa
I have a 2008 trailblazer now for 3 months my speaker go on and off some days they work and some day o ly the tweeter work

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Dash tweeter? That means you've got the Bose amp, which is your problem. They go bad. And if you find another on the used market and swap it, IT will eventually go, as well.

Best solution is to replace the stock head unit, along with an add-on harness that will allow you to install the aftermarket HU while retaining the chimes, Onstar if you use it, etc. PAC and Axxess make them, among others. If you want to retain steering wheel controls (volume, source, etc.), they do that, too.

Do a search on our forums for info about doing this (you're not the first person this has happened to, for sure).

Finally, if you really like to crank up the tunes, you'll prolly want to get an aftermarket amp, and install that, along with the HU. And if you do that, a speaker upgrade is in order.

See how many problems that little amp has caused? :sadcry:

If you're not ready to bite the bullet and replace everything, you can adjust your fade / balance to eliminate the bad channels (in mine, they would be 'scratchy' / distorted at low volume.)

Pygot

Dec 6, 2019
RI
I have a 2008 trailblazer now for 3 months my speaker go on and off some days they work and some day o ly the tweeter work
My 08 97x does this I think one of the rear speakers is starting to go.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online