NEED HELP 2008 Trailblazer No Spark

kw1hf

Original poster
Dec 28, 2021
Aurora Oregon
2008 trailblazer no spark and no tach. I jumped a person, and they killed my blazer.
Crank shaft position sensor is good

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Check Out THIS Video from @MAY03LT on what to check after a Jump Start Disables any Trailblazer:

Checking ALL of your Fuses in ALL Three Fuse Blocks (Under-Hood, Outer Dash Panel and Under the Left Rear Passenger Seat Block) will not hurt with using a Pin-Probe Lighted Test Light for a Quick Check on them ALL.

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Codes?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
How did you determine the CPS was good?

2008 trailblazer no spark and no tach...
...Crank shaft position sensor is good

ECU does see the crank shaft sensor.
No spark or Tach after Jumping another vehicle
If the crank sensor is good, but the ECU doesn't "see" the signal...either the wire harness between the sensor and ECU is defective, or the ECU is defective.

I'd be examining the wire harness first.

Reactions: kw1hf

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Just because a ECU sees the CPS, doesn't mean it's good either. Magnet could be cracked internally, or a few other things.

Reactions: kw1hf

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
how did you check your fuses.... more so WHICH fuse (number / position) did you check.

kw1hf

Original poster
Dec 28, 2021
Aurora Oregon
I checked every fuse in the fuse box with a VOM meter. I wanted to check each fuse in the 2008 trailblazer and replace them if necessary

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No power to the coils would mean one of these: bad fuse, bad ignition switch, bad relay, broken wiring, broken trace in the fuse box itself. Look at the schematics and where the power to the coils come from. Trace back from there. Schematics are available from the manuals downloads in my signature.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
I checked every fuse in the fuse box with a VOM meter. I wanted to check each fuse in the 2008 trailblazer and replace them if necessary
Ok... then the next step is to check for voltage at the appropriate fuse. Go from the result.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86