2008 Trailblazer LT Rear Console Vent & Controls

Red955i

Original poster
Sep 10, 2020
NYC
Hi - On the standard wheelbase Trailblazer with the vents in the back of the center console, and the simple
Power switch (on/off) and diverter dial setup, what does the power switch actually control? Is there a diverter/actuator in the console? Is there a fan? When from heat is on, and the rear power is on (light lit) there is very little air coming from console to rear and no fan noise. Wondering what to look for before I pull apart. As usual, thanks!!

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
As far as I know, power simply engages the air flow. The switch controls the diverter to control the direction of air flow once power is pressed on. There is no fan in the back on the standard wheelbase models, so any air flow will be directly dependent on the temperature and fan speed settings from the front. Plus, once the vehicle is shut off, it requires another button push on power to engage the airflow again.

I am guessing - but could be wrong - that there is another actuator in the centre console, with off, floor, vent and blend positions.

If air flow starts when you push the power button and changes direction based on the switch, there may be nothing wrong with your console. Even on higher fan speeds, not a lot actually gets that far back.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There is a fan. Each press of the button changes the fan speed. It's in the center console. It's not very strong but it is there.

Reactions: ek02

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online