2008 Chevy Trailblazer key fob and rear wiper do not work

Dan107

Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Michigan
so originally I looked at the wires in the boot and most of them were broken, i repaired all of them and it seemed to work fine for awhile. It stopped working again and I rechecked all of the wires and replaced the LGM, no open grounds and power is going to the plugs and the rear license plate lights are working.
ANY SUGGESTIONS????????? Not sure where to go from here.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Have you downloaded the service manuals from Mooseman's signature? If not, do a search for his profile and download the 02'-05' Trailblazer service manuals. There's a pdf specifically for wiper troubleshooting in there. It has the wiring diagram on page 4-6, I think.

If you replaced the LGM, I'm thinking a ground issue or a BCM issue. From What I've seen from that wiring diagram you have to check G401 (ground) and G402 (ground).

G401 seems to be on the left rear taillight wiring harness and G402 looks to be on the right rear taillight wiring harness. I couldn't find the electrical grounds diagram for 05', so I looked at the 06' service manual and that's where they were located. Again, check out for yourself to be sure from the manuals in Mooseman's signature.

Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
:iagree: with both above posts.

I'd do an actual continuity test from before the boot to the end point at the LCM and other circuits. Also check for shorts. I'd also put back your original LGM in case the one you got is not compatible or needs to be flashed with the proper software.

Link to manuals in my signature.

Reactions: Maverick6587

Dan107

Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Michigan
thanks for the information guys I really appreciate the help.
the service manuals will come in handy and I am going top put back the original LGM
Have you downloaded the service manuals from Mooseman's signature? If not, do a search for his profile and download the 02'-05' Trailblazer service manuals. There's a pdf specifically for wiper troubleshooting in there. It has the wiring diagram on page 4-6, I think.

If you replaced the LGM, I'm thinking a ground issue or a BCM issue. From What I've seen from that wiring diagram you have to check G401 (ground) and G402 (ground).

G401 seems to be on the left rear taillight wiring harness and G402 looks to be on the right rear taillight wiring harness. I couldn't find the electrical grounds diagram for 05', so I looked at the 06' service manual and that's where they were located. Again, check out for yourself to be sure from the manuals in Mooseman's signature.
Thanks for the information, much appreciated. I will start with downloading the manuals and check the wiring and the BCM. I wasn't sure what to check next but having the manual will help track down the wiring as I am thinking its a grounding issue like you stated. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the help.

Reactions: Maverick6587

Dan107

Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Michigan
:iagree: with both above posts.

I'd do an actual continuity test from before the boot to the end point at the LCM and other circuits. Also check for shorts. I'd also put back your original LGM in case the one you got is not compatible or needs to be flashed with the proper software.

Link to manuals in my signature.
Mooseman, thanks for the manuals they will help greatly, when you say to check before the boot do you mean where I spliced the new wires in?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, basically from the truck side. Might have to go to the other end, like the BCM and wherever they start at.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online