2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer "Project Relapse"

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
I bought it on the 21st of november 2012 for 17K. At the time of purchase it had around 46500 Miles on it and its closer to 47200 miles now since i have been driving it on a regular basis.

Info on the truck:

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4wd

4.2L Atlas Vortec I6 295 HP/ 277 Ft lbs
4 speed auto transmission
Auto Trac 4wd
3.42 gearing
Air/Tilt/Cruise
Power windows
Keyless entry w/ factory Alarm (found this one out the hard way)
Factory Towing hitch
P245/65R17 Firestone Destination LE tires
Dark Cherry Metallic Paint with Grey cloth interior

On to the pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I do have an RPO list for the truck but its in the truck at the moment i will bring it in and type out the list when i get a chance.

and heres a pic from December...Trailblazer giving my '94 Sierra a bit of a hand by providing power for the air compressor

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Here are some more recent pics of the truck. I posted the first two in a couple other threads but will add more pics of it here as well...

The two pics above were just after washing it

The above pics were part of a photoshoot i did just to get more pics of the truck

This pic shows what is usually loaded up in the cargo area 24/7. Backpack and aluminum tool case for work, Air compressor and charger for when they are needed. Not seen is a 5000 lb tow strap, 5000 lb tow strap loop (for wrapping around tow hooks or areas the hooks on the tow straps will not work), and extention cord in the center floor compartment. Air pressure gauge and amorall wipes in the side compartments. Eventually i may wind up building an organizer/rear cargo area cover for the rear.

And finally a couple pics at a abandoned car wash/gas station

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Forgot to mention this in a previous post. I installed this back in december after having the box from it riding around in the back for close to a month lol.

Sirius Starmate 7 Sat radio.

Planned mods on this truck:

BDS 2" suspension lift
Tahoe Z71 rear springs
Liftmiester spacers/adapters
Goodyear Wrangler Silent armor tires P245/70R17s. These came off of one of the fleet trucks at 50% tread left. Mostly going to run them because they are larger and will prob give me better grip then the existing Firestones.
Westin Safari light bar
custom roof rack
Lightforce Lance 140 lights on safari light bar
Rigid Dually LED lights on roof rack
Remote control set up for operating lights (ordering this on the 31st)

Still debating which way im going wheel wise. Either stock wheels with spacers or Pro Comp steel wheels with adapters

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Very nice TB, and by seeing all the snow might wanna get some weathertech or huskyliner floor mats. To keep the snow frm your shoes from getting on the carpet :biggrin:

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
TexazReece said:
Very nice TB, and by seeing all the snow might wanna get some weathertech or huskyliner floor mats. To keep the snow frm your shoes from getting on the carpet :biggrin:

Thanks! And yea Weathertech Digital fit floor mats are def on my "to buy" list.

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Well on friday I had the exhaust redone on my truck. I got rid of the rear resonator in favor of a straight pipe with the resonators old turn down tip. And the original muffler was replaced with a Flow Pro Max glass packed turbo style muffler. I will post the vids I have of the end result when I get back onto my computer at home. For now I will post the pics I have of the res delete.

dybu5aqa.jpg

mesajevu.jpg

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Well the tb will be getting a remote starter and winter tires next month.

Darkrider_LS

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
jbones said:
Nice ride, will look great with a 2 1/2 lift.:wink:

Thanks, It will be getting an Rcx 2" lift with the same strut/shock combo as Djthumper uses. Larry and I had a discussion about set ups last night and it was determined that his setup would work well for me due to the fact I drive on similar terrain.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove

Members Online