2007 trailblazer won't start after trying a few things

Shelby2010

Original poster
Dec 11, 2018
Oklahoma
Have an 07 trailblazer. The battery was draining every day. Put a new battery in, changed the alternator. Still draining. Used mutli meter and checked every fuse in the hood and back. Found that the ignition switch was drawing voltage. So we changed the ignition switch and now the car will not start, it won't even crank over. Any help on this? Note that the car started and ran before this just the battery was being drained!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Recheck that the tooth engagement of the switch is correct.

Reactions: djthumper

Shelby2010

Original poster
Dec 11, 2018
Oklahoma
I have moved the tooth part several times to try and get it in the correct spot I may still have not got it correct. I've looked online and YouTube for instructions. Is there a set spot you know is correct?

Shelby2010

Original poster
Dec 11, 2018
Oklahoma
The dash lights up like normal just won't crank. No security light or anything. The check engine light stays on but it was on before so I don't know if it means anything.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Shelby2010

Original poster
Dec 11, 2018
Oklahoma
So we found that while I was installing the ignition switch I must have pulled a wire loose from a connector under the steering wheel and we wired it back together and the car cranks now, pretty sure it needs a new battery now. However something weird the rear windshield wiper comes on while the switch is off now, don't know why. But thanks for the help!

oldfoggie

Sep 20, 2022
Canada
So we found that while I was installing the ignition switch I must have pulled a wire loose from a connector under the steering wheel and we wired it back together and the car cranks now, pretty sure it needs a new battery now. However something weird the rear windshield wiper comes on while the switch is off now, don't know why. But thanks for the help!

measure the battery voltage, should be about 12.8 volts if full charge, keep monitoring the battery voltage while you start the vehicle, if battery voltage drops below 10 volts replace it

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Please keep in mind, this is an almost 4 year old thread. The OP hasn't been back to the site since...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online