2007 Trailblazer SS Steering Wheel Schematic

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
I need the experts help here on this... I am adding DIC to my TB.

I am looking and cant track down, the what each pin does in the I know that they need to be fed a ground to the cluster. I need someone to just take my photos and say with arrows this pin does this, this pin does that. Etc even down to the button's illumination pins.

Thank you in advance.

~D

View attachment 31459

View attachment 31461

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 37

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Venomhatch said:
I need the experts help here on this... I am adding DIC to my TB.

I am looking and cant track down, the what each pin does in the I know that they need to be fed a ground to the cluster. I need someone to just take my photos and say with arrows this pin does this, this pin does that. Etc even down to the button's illumination pins.

Thank you in advance.

~D

If you are abandoning the previous approach and going with the steering wheel swap, then the clock spring will have the harnesses for the stock buttons. All you'd have to do is make the connections from the cluster to the wire colors on the clock spring, and you'd be good to go.

Blckshdw said:
When you have the cluster harness accessible, there will be 4 pins on the top row, right side that are empty. They are pins A8, A9, A10, and A11. The pins from the radio harness are the same kind (and already have wiring crimped in) so you just have to extend them to wherever you are gonna mount your control box. If you have a 4WD switch, you're outta luck mounting yours where I put mine. Attached are some pics from the wiring schematic to tell you which pin controls which function.

2168d1325048031t-led-mod-thread-dic-wires.jpg

2173d1325048247t-led-mod-thread-dic-steering.jpg

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
If you are abandoning the previous approach and going with the steering wheel swap, then the clock spring will have the harnesses for the stock buttons. All you'd have to do is make the connections from the cluster to the wire colors on the clock spring, and you'd be good to go.

I was maybe thinking of buying the switches and using them. But I wouldn't have the plugs for the switches. I am not buying a steering wheel because two things. One, I don't want to but a clock spring and replace it. Two, the two upper switches aka radio and speech functions would not work. It would be two non functional switches.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: Good point. I don't think the pin assignments for those buttons have ever been posted, because nothing like this has been done recently. True Blue Motorsports, on the OS, tried to make a DIC button pod to go in the 4WD place holder with stock buttons years ago, but the demand was too low.

I suppose what you could do, is pop the button faces off (I would push and prod you to swap an LED in there anyway :biggrin:) and follow the traces from behind the button contact, to the pins. The shared pin is going to be the ground connection. The one that goes to the light bulb's contact pad is your illumination (parking light) circuit, and then you should have one going to each button's contact area. In theory, it should be that easy.

I know someone posted a pic of their DIC buttons dismantled, cuz his LED swap wasn't working right, but I can't find the thread... :dunce:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
The top buttons are connected to a resistor array and there is one wire that comes off of the clock spring that changes resistance depending on what button press. If you have an aftermarket stereo, you can get a steering wheel adapter and use those buttons easily

addukes82

May 13, 2023
Utah
So after dic cluster swap and steering wheel clock spring swap. I have 3 wires left 1 ground and 2 stereo. I read something about the wiper and bcm. Where do these wires go?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So after dic cluster swap and steering wheel clock spring swap. I have 3 wires left 1 ground and 2 stereo. I read something about the wiper and bcm. Where do these wires go?
You can download the wiring diagrams from @Mooseman's thread here.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online