2007 Tahoe 4l60e Transmission Fluid/Filter Change Questions.

{tpc}

Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
Who knows? Lol...I'm not sure I kept calm despite my demeanor on here...but despite all the questions and all the unsuredness, I really don't like to let these things beat me. :smile: Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, but if it wasn't for a lot of you here and your advice, I might not even try.

So again, thank you all. :smile:

Reactions: Sib and Mooseman

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Glad to read you got that figured out. I have essentially the same issue on my Sierra. I ended up paying ot have it done. The service manual says you have to drop the crossover pipe. That's why they get over $200 to do it.

rcw0909

Aug 11, 2016
North Carolina
SUCCESS!!! What I had to do was disconnect the shift cable, bend the bracket and use a c-clamp to hold the bracket touching the driveshaft. Not Ideal I know, but after I did that I was able to twist the pan just a little and it came right down.

Now I hope I have the right parts!!

How did you disconnect the shift cable and what bracket are you talking about that is touching the driveshaft. I had the same trouble you had. I ended up bolting it back up but I am determined like you. I went and bought an extension to take down the exhaust but I don't think that is going to happen... Please Help!!!

{tpc}

Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
I responded to your PM to me. Get a sub to alldata diy, and I think in there it describes how to remove the cable. I don't recall that part being particularly hard to do, but I can't remember exactly how it comes off. I think there are some clips you pull out, and then you pop the ball end cap off the ball end (i think?) to get it out. I think it slides through the hole in the bracket or something.

The bracket is the one that holds the shift cable. On 4WD vehicles there isn't much space to try and remove the bracket. 2WD may be easier. Bending may cause an issue with shifting if you aren't careful but I didn't have any issues.

Bending is obviously not the correct way to do it, unbolting the bracket is, but alas its what I ended up having to do. I didn't want to have it flatbedded to the dealer and I wasn't going to put fluid back in and drive it there because I figured to have knocked dirt into the trans pan already.

Good luck!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online