2007 Envoy Denali Suspension Ideas

Travis5218

Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Hello everyone this is my first post in the nation but have read through the forum for quite a while now.

I've had my Denali for a couple months now and love it. Was able to get a great deal for the condition. It is immaculate and has a great service history at the dealership. Previous owner spared no expense and had the dealership do all work on it.

I have searched and read till I am blue in the face. So forgive me if I have overlooked a good thread on the topic.

I am looking to lower the Denali a bit. Inexpensive and good quality are criteria. Daily driven vehicle so I don't want to slam it on the ground. Just a "sportier" level look. I am thinking 1" drop in front and level the back to it. Ideas? Suggestions? Pictures of similar setups?

uploadfromtaptalk1443888193388.jpg

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Belltech makes lowering kits for these trucks. You can find them over at tbssowners.com. Guy goes by NorCalSS on the forums. He's on this one too from time to time. His name is Tony. He's the suspension guru. And a dealer for Belltech.

I have the 31.5" kit for my rainier, haven't installed yet though.

Travis5218

Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Tiggerr said:
Belltech makes lowering kits for these trucks. You can find them over at tbssowners.com. Guy goes by NorCalSS on the forums. He's on this one too from time to time. His name is Tony. He's the suspension guru. And a dealer for Belltech.

I have the 31.5" kit for my rainier, haven't installed yet though.
That's part of my confusion. I keep reading the 31.5" reference and it's mostly on TB's. Is the fender height the same on Envoys?

Should have mentioned mine is 4wd so I will want to retain that function.

Travis5218

Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
badazzbulldog said:
doesnt lowering affect the factory airride in the denali's?
Yes and no.
Option 1: adjust ride height of air ride with level sensors. Air ride still in place.
Option 2: Convert to springs in place of air suspension.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Travis5218 said:
That's part of my confusion. I keep reading the 31.5" reference and it's mostly on TB's. Is the fender height the same on Envoys?

Should have mentioned mine is 4wd so I will want to retain that function.
Pretty sure ride height is close on all gmt360's except the ss and Saab aero. I know on my rainier 31.5 should be a nice ride height. You could also adjust your air ride and just use the front struts to lower, they are adjustable. I've heard that it doesn't ride well though that way. I'm sure tony could help you with all that. His email and phone number are in tbssowners.

Travis5218

Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
I guess no one has lowered a 4wd Denali that can offer any information. I would like to see pictures of a few different kits installed to see which gives the look I am wanting.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
fr34kout lowered his black Denali, I think his was 2wd tho, unfortunately I'm on my phone I don't know how to add a link. check his profile.

For the rear, depending where your air ride is set you may be able to lower the rear by adjusting the sensors.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
Travis5218 said:
I guess no one has lowered a 4wd Denali that can offer any information. I would like to see pictures of a few different kits installed to see which gives the look I am wanting.
Most people interested in lowering their vehicles don't buy 4wd.

Travis5218

Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Pittdawg said:
Most people interested in lowering their vehicles don't buy 4wd.
No one lowers an AWD TBSS either do they? Not much difference in suspension set ups.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online