2007 Avalanche

Nakashige

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Rear Backup camera just stops working. Any ideas. Happened when the battery was out of the truck when it was in the shop

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Nakashige said:
Rear Backup camera just stops working. Any ideas. Happened when the battery was out of the truck when it was in the shop

Need a little more info to start with.

Its working and then stops? Or its totally dead? Does the screen come on but its black? Does the screen that comes up in reverse not come up at all? Do the reverse sensors work?

this is an OEM system correct? Need every detail you can give.

Nakashige

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
It was working when it went into the shop for pedal position sensor and abs module replacement. Stock head unit works fine. The screen just stays on the radio or nav in rev. Originally thought it might of been disable cant find the setting for it in the radio. Rear rev sensors still work.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Nakashige said:
It was working when it went into the shop for pedal position sensor and abs module replacement. Stock head unit works fine. The screen just stays on the radio or nav in rev. Originally thought it might of been disable cant find the setting for it in the radio. Rear rev sensors still work.

I will have to see if I can find a schematic. I am pretty sure that the sensors and the rear camera both get a turn on signal from the same sensor. If I am correct, then your head unit is no longer getting that signal. I don't know where that signal splits off to the head unit.

Mine is a 2011, so the head units do not have all the same functions. However, I have not found a way to "disable" the rear camera. Though I will look again.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Nakashige said:

If it was working when it went in, and now it's not since it's come out, I'd be bringing it back to the place you took it and have them tell you what they did to cause it to malfunction... but that's just me... :popcorn:

Nakashige

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
That menu for the rear cam doesnt even show up its like the truck thinks it isnt there any more.

Oh the Chevy Dealer it was at for warranty on the rest said nothing was wrong with it when it left the shop.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Nakashige said:
That menu for the rear cam doesnt even show up its like the truck thinks it isnt there any more.

Oh the Chevy Dealer it was at for warranty on the rest said nothing was wrong with it when it left the shop.

Your menus may be different than mine. All I have is the 2007 Yukon manual, lord only knows how close the Yukon and Avalanche set ups are, but the 2007 Yukon doesn't mention a reverse camera anywhere at all.

Does your cruise control work? The back up camera and cruise appear to share a fuse.

Also.... check out this post on another site, they discuss some of the issues to look for, but not with your specific symptoms.
Backup camera problem - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
CdnGMan said:
If it was working when it went in, and now it's not since it's come out, I'd be bringing it back to the place you took it and have them tell you what they did to cause it to malfunction... but that's just me... :popcorn:

I agree they should fix the issue your having

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
As Ghoster suggested, the camera can be turned off. Mine uses the menu on the head-unit (nav, camera displays in the head-unit); some trucks use the rear-view mirror, I think there is an on/off switch on the mirror. Check the owner's manual to see how your's turns off.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Nakashige said:
Its like the nav unit doesn't see that the rear cam is there
I know, you have said that; turning off a switch will do the same thing.

HAVE YOU CHECKED THE OWNER'S MANUAL?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Nakashige said:
Dealer Says its not there fault refuses to fix. Cruse works

Sometimes getting a little loud in the showroom will fix their lieing BS

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
i think maybe you should do a little more persuading of the dealer to look at it

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online