NEED HELP 2006 Trailblazer OB2reader 8 codes

Foxgirls1978

Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
Everett Washington
I was hoping there’s somebody that could help me I have a 2006 trailblazer that recently after the oil was changed the check engine light came on shortly after that. Auto parts store it will be to read or pulled up eight codes on my trailblazer three of the codes were the same I don’t know if that makes a difference but the first one was P0449 P0102 C0445 C0161 and C0244 and the one that came up three times was the P0449. My question hopefully someone can help me with is are these codes something that is dangerous to be driving around on because I have kids and I’ve started my own company so I drive my car everywhere it gets me to my jobs am I going to damage the car more if I continue to drive it with these error codes and check engine light on is this something that I can fix one at a time when I have the funds to do so I would appreciate anybody’s feedback

And to add to my post these things that all the sudden are happening is this something that somebody could be doing to my vehicle to damage my vehicle and or hurt me the reason I ask is I had a crazy ex that three days after buying a Ford F150 he got mad and jealous because he saw me driving it and he poured bleach into myFuel tank so I worry that he has been doing things to my vehicle once again but I don’t know for sure

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
The C codes are generally not going to affect driveability. The P0449 is for the emissions system, and while it will keep the service light on, you should not notice anything different with how the truck runs/drives. The P0102 is one you should have addressed. This pertains to the mass airflow sensor and that sensor has a lot to do with how the engine runs. The MAF may just be dirty, or not plugged in properly(maybe they unplugged it for some reason at recent service?)or it could be other issues. Hard to say without digging in.

I would hope no one is messing with your ride. However, the codes are from separate areas of operation and I don't think the average A-hole would go at sabotaging the emissions system.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
...additionally... regarding the remaining Codes... comes THIS from another site linked below:

"2006 Chevy TRAIL BLAZER 4200 STRAIGHT SIX CYLINDER. SERVICE STABILITY LIGHT AND TRACTION WARNING. Question: Problem with my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. Service Stability , TRAC. Computer codes: c0455 , c0244. Rotated tires. Why is my service stability light on the dash

Also the Traction warning on 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. You had answered this question from someone else. I have the same problem. you had answered that usually it is a steering wheel position sensor that is pretty easy to change. could you please send the instructions on to me as well? thank you for your help.

Answer: Yes, it does sound like the steering wheel position sensor is faulty. To replace it, get under the drivers side of the dash. Remove the pinch bolt that attaches the intermediate steering shaft to the bottom of the column shaft. Make sure you hold the steering wheel somehow to prevent it from moving or the airbag coil may be damaged. Slide the intermediate shaft off the column shaft, then pry the sensor off of the column after disconnecting the electrical connector. Slide the new position sensor on, then reinstall shafts."

Quoted Excerpt From:

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Here's a nice little guide to help with the MAF plug connection testing and replacing if necessary.

I would buy some CRC (or whatever brand you can find) Mass Air Flow cleaner. Do not use anything other than Mass Air Flow cleaner to clean those sensors inside the MAF. Other cleaners can damage the sensors.

1. Get the MAF cleaner and clean your MAF thoroughly
2. Take your vehicle back to the parts store and have them clear the codes for you
3. After they clear the codes have them run the test again
5. If P0102 returns right away or later on then you'll need to replace the MAF
You could get a replacement from a junkyard, they are not cheap to replace. Most junkyards give at least a 30-day warranty on parts.

The evap codes (P0449) may not come back right away and still could be an issue, but nothing that I would stop driving the vehicle for. It may have to complete a drive cycle (driven for a day or so) before they come back.

Reactions: Eric04 and mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.