2006 Trailblazer Ext

kfxx400

Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
ill
Hello, Newb here.Did a search but could not find anything specific to my problem? The display is completely black on the HVAC control module and have no response to temperature/fan speed or recirc or other controls. The problem is intermittent When the display goes very dim or completely black is when functions stops working.Disconnected the battery for 24 hrs.and pulled all fuses that the system uses. Replaced all fuses and reconnected battery, Started vehicle and the display was dim but all the controls worked and the ac/heat both worked.Got out of vehicle to close the hood and got back in and the display was black and fan blowing cold air! Anyone else had this scenario!

Attachments

• controls.jpg
    controls.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 5

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You may have a loose connection in the wiring harness possibly. I'd try opening up the dash, unclip the HVAC control module from the radio stack, and try wiggling some of the wires while the truck is on, see if you can get the display to come on, turn off on command.

kfxx400

Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
ill
You may have a loose connection in the wiring harness possibly. I'd try opening up the dash, unclip the HVAC control module from the radio stack, and try wiggling some of the wires while the truck is on, see if you can get the display to come on, turn off on command.
Thank you Sir and I will give that a try.

kfxx400

Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
ill
Thank you
Blckshdw
I did exactly as you suggested.Could not find any loose wires but I did unplug both wire harnesses and checked for cracked pins on the module itself. All were intact. Drove the vehicle for and hour while module set on console and all functions worked the whole time. Re-installed and put everything together and is currently working as of now. If it acts up again. I a have module on hold to purchase. Thanks for the idea as I'm electrically challenged for automotive! My Wife thanks you as she does not have to wear gloves and boots in the vehicle anymore as of now!:2thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online