2006 Esky - Z55 Shocks - Opinions

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My Z55 rear suspension is dead. Bags are completely blown, and so far, no matter what I do with a Tech2, or hotwiring, I can not get the compressor to start.

All that being said, I am starting my shopping list.

For the moment, I am going to keep my stock ride height, but may consider lowering 1/2, 1/3, 2/3, 2/4, eventually.

I can get the Arnotts for 617 (shocks, compressor), plus 100 for core
I can get the RMT for 501 (shocks, compressor), no core

I also have the options for Monroe Shocks, plus a Arnott/Dorman/RMT compressor
Or, AC Delco shocks, plus a Arnott/Dorman/RMT Compressor
These 2 are the most expensive, at over double the cost than the Arnott/RMT.

I have pretty much completely discounted SunCore as a viable option, not a lot of good reviews for them, and they seem to have issues honoring their warrantys.

I do tow, cars, snowmobiles, ATV's, so the air bags are wanted.

I could always downgrade to the Airbag shock, without the Z55 sensors, and put the capacitor in.. Just not sure if thats going to give me the best ride.

And with the possibility of lowering later (or now if the monies involved are reasonable), just seeing what other options I need to think about..

Remember, for me ride softness is critically important! I have 5 blown discs in my back!

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My Avy had the Z55. I say had because way before I got it, the rear shocks were blown, the fronts were replaced with Quick Struts, the compressor literally disintegrated and the module is gone. The dealer had replaced the rears with new ACDelcos but it squatted a little in the rear. Got a set of ACDelco air shocks which took care of the squatting and is also useful while towing but I have to add air manually. The ride is OK but I wouldn't call it a Cadillac ride.

No idea about lowering as I'm really not into that. Maybe a little lifting though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online