2006 Envoy XL Denali Performance Mods ?

02tahoelt

Original poster
May 7, 2012
Am about to purchase a 2006 Envoy XL Denali 2wd
What mods have been done, and what mods have the most advantages.
Does anyone make a CAI, Cat-back for these specific vehicles.
Also has anyone done a direct bolt for the E-fans.
Because I also have a 2002 Tahoe came with the fan clutch, and replaced it with 05-06 Chevy Tahoe/Pick-up E-Fans and that was a direct bolt on other than the wiring and tapping into computer and A/C wire.

Thanks for any help in advance

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
02tahoelt said:
Am about to purchase a 2006 Envoy XL Denali 2wd
What mods have been done, and what mods have the most advantages.
Does anyone make a CAI, Cat-back for these specific vehicles.
Also has anyone done a direct bolt for the E-fans.
Because I also have a 2002 Tahoe came with the fan clutch, and replaced it with 05-06 Chevy Tahoe/Pick-up E-Fans and that was a direct bolt on other than the wiring and tapping into computer and A/C wire.

Thanks for any help in advance

Well the nice thing is you have the V8 already and the 5.3 has more off the shelf mods than the i6. First thing i'd do is the pcm4less and could go all the way to the ultimate being an off the shelf supercharger. A couple people on here have done the PCM4less to their v8 with apparent good results. I recall on the old site at least one member added a supercharger with very large gains where mods are concerned. PCM4less I believe has an efan kit as well. The one really simple mod that I like is the hood strut.

02tahoelt

Original poster
May 7, 2012
Jkust said:
Well the nice thing is you have the V8 already and the 5.3 has more off the shelf mods than the i6. First thing i'd do is the pcm4less and could go all the way to the ultimate being an off the shelf supercharger. A couple people on here have done the PCM4less to their v8 with apparent good results. I recall on the old site at least one member added a supercharger with very large gains where mods are concerned. PCM4less I believe has an efan kit as well. The one really simple mod that I like is the hood strut.

Not ready a supercharger, was looking for one of those for my hoe because it also has the 5.3L
And I like the intercooled Magna Charger but it's just too deep for my pocket.
Any more suggestion will be appreciated.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
02tahoelt said:
Not ready a supercharger, was looking for one of those for my hoe because it also has the 5.3L
And I like the intercooled Magna Charger but it's just too deep for my pocket.
Any more suggestion will be appreciated.

Then you are def a candidate for the PCM tune. Cheap and easy with some actual gains.

02tahoelt

Original poster
May 7, 2012
Jkust said:
Then you are def a candidate for the PCM tune. Cheap and easy with some actual gains.

How about throttle body spacer, MAF de-screening, Any ideas for a efficient CAI and not a HAI (Hot Air Intake)
And Nice sounding Cat-back, not those extremely LOUD Flowmasters

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
02tahoelt said:
Any more MODs for V8 model?

Basic bolt on mods for a 5.3 and the 6.0 (they are essentially the same motor) is a tune, CAI, E-Fans, 160* T-Stat, Long Tube Headers, Cam, Heads, Under Drive Pully, Built Trans.. for exhaust, unless your making stupid power, I would just hack off the resonator and replace the muffler.. our systems are pretty free flowing, so don't waste your money on a full caback since the only gains you'll see are sound...

I think that pretty much covers it for the basic bolt ons..

91RS

Dec 4, 2011
You can do any LS engine mods to it. Don't waste your money on CAIs, throttle body spacers, etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.