2006 Envoy Denali rear air suspension

Nina

Original poster
Jan 24, 2017
Kansas City Mo
I just replaced the rear suspension air bags but the rear of the passenger side is still sitting lower than I believe it should as compared to the drivers side. I was wondering if it could be related to the compressor check valve or is it possibly due to an issue with the springs. Also the ride is still rougher than normal as compared to when I first got it. Possibly the front shocks need replacing also? Can anyone give me any information regarding this?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For unevenness, try adjusting the ride height level sensor. Its arm is attached to the suspension link. On the side that's too low, pull it off, turn it a bit to shorten the arm and reinsert it. Check height and repeat until corrected. If it's the other side that's too high, do the reverse (lengthen the arm).

For the rougher ride, it could be the front struts that are done, maybe also the rear shocks.

Nina

Original poster
Jan 24, 2017
Kansas City Mo
Thank you. I will have to have my son check on that level sensor. I just had new airbags for the rear put on. The drivers side is sitting as high as is normal. Thanks again.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I just replaced the rear suspension air bags but the rear of the passenger side is still sitting lower than I believe it should as compared to the drivers side. I was wondering if it could be related to the compressor check valve or is it possibly due to an issue with the springs. Also the ride is still rougher than normal as compared to when I first got it. Possibly the front shocks need replacing also? Can anyone give me any information regarding this?
Not the check valve (which is the only serviceable part on the compr. unit) that would effect both sides . How much lower is it sitting on the pass side? I found out with mine that it never seems to be perfectly level left to right.
The rough ride could be a broken spring in the front and that could cause it to lean to one side.

Reactions: Mooseman

Nina

Original poster
Jan 24, 2017
Kansas City Mo
Not the check valve (which is the only serviceable part on the compr. unit) that would effect both sides . How much lower is it sitting on the pass side? I found out with mine that it never seems to be perfectly level left to right.
The rough ride could be a broken spring in the front and that could cause it to lean to one side.

Yeah I was wondering about the front end, I heard a noise like it could be the front shocks or spring. And it's not a lot lower but it was always level, or so it appeared to be sitting even on both sides before in the rear end. Thanks for your information, I appreciate it. I'll have to take it back in to my mechanic and have him check the front.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online