2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2 LS 4x4 transmission whine in neutral

ar7

Original poster
May 2, 2017
AR
I changed the transmission fluid and filter using the ACDELCO 24208576 deep pan OEM kit.

I have filled it, and in neutral it has a whining sound in gear it does not. The fluid is at the right level on the dipstick, anyone have any advice/help on this really baffled?

thanks

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You may have to deal with Three Issues after the Pan Swap for a Deeper Version:

(1) The Deeper Pan will cause the Stock Volume of Dexron to SIT LOWER IN THE PAN.

(2) The Deeper Pan MAY require a Deeper Skirt Version of the Transmission Fluid Filter to ensure a proper submergence to reach into the Fluid.

(3) Your Transmission Fluid Dipstick may have to be swapped out for a LONGER properly calibrated one to accommodate the Deeper Pan.

https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/can-shorter-filter-used-4l60e-deeper-pan-197840.html

Last edited:

ar7

Original poster
May 2, 2017
AR
It does have the deep pan stock, I put in the acdelco filter just trying to understand why it has a whine in neutral?

Thank you for replying I am going to pull the pan back off in the morning to look at it.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Sorry about that... I had to look up your ACDelco data since that tie in was a bit dubious in your narrative. The last possible problem here might be either having a Nicked , Cracked or Damaged Rubber Seal up inside there... or in some cases... without being able to see the Original... a Second Seal might accidentally get added and confuse the issue.

Avoid driving the Vehicle until you can sort this out to avoid turning a Minor Problem into a Major One. When you pull out the New Filter... lay the New and the Old flavors side by side and look for anything unusual. There are a Boat Load of Filters for these Transmissions that can get Mismatched to the incorrect Boxes by Dopey and Imprudent Countermen ...from time to time.

Last edited:

ar7

Original poster
May 2, 2017
AR
I will check this out in the morning, I replaced the seal (removed the old one with a seal remover). Nothing was nicked and put the new Seal in (tapped it in lightly with socket turned around evenly.

Will report back in the morning.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.