NEED HELP 2006 9-7x Transmission issues.

SaabNoob

Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
RI
First of all, I need to say thank you all for sharing your knowledge and insight, I find the amount of info available here unbelievable. Well, after spending all of last weekend working on my 2006 4.2 Saab 9-7x and a full week of driving with no issues I have some new issues. My wife was driving to work this am and she said she heard a “clunk” sound and the car wouldn’t move in drive but would go into reverse. She was only right down the road so I brought her my truck. Once I got into the car and put it into drive it was like it stayed in neutral. If I shift it into 1st it will drive but when I shift into second it makes an odd groaning sound momentarily like clutches are slipping or something. I also got a “stabilitrack not ready” warning on dash. I checked tranny fluid and it is at correct level and surprisingly clean. Any thoughts? Is the tranny shot or I have read about solenoid issues.

Just a bit of recent history, last week she complained of a strange noise and “shutter” when turning at low speeds. After reading some of the forums here I changed fluids in front and rear differentials and ordered AutoTrack II fluid to change transfer case fluid. In the mean time, I pulled the control motor off of the transmission and the problem went away. The shaft going into TC moved freely but there was a broken tooth on a gear in the planetary which jammed it up. I ordered and replaced and the car has been fine since. My plan was to change transfer case fluid when she got home from work today but now I feel like I’m looking at bigger issues.

Any help would be awesome?!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sounds like the transfer case actuator was seized possibly in the middle or something. Sounds like it's been fixed.

SaabNoob

Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
RI
That’s what I thought too but the new problem is the transmission. I did all that work a week ago.......now it only moves in reverse or if I manually shift it into first.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Is the CEL light on? Any codes?

SaabNoob

Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
RI
Nothing. Something internal in transmission, i assume. Going to bring it to a transmission shop. Strange coincidence I guess, still having a hard time believing it.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher