2006 -2008 recalls for gmt360's

vipergg

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Got a letter in the mail today from Isuzu saying that GM is recalling all 2006-2008 gmt360's for a problem where the headlights could randomly shutoff by themselves at night. The problem is apparently something called the headlamp driver module and they will be replacing those once they get the parts. Isuzu at least said there would be another letter coming once they get the fix for this problem. If this happens to you they say to hit the highbeams which supposedly is not affected by the issue . Safety recall# 14V-755 .

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I have not received that one yet. I have received one for the fuel level sending unit as well as the DDM. I have heard the headlight relay is known to go bad. If that happens, you can pull over and pull the relay for the fan clutch so that you can make it home.

Reactions: MAY03LT

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I heard about the "headlamp driver module" recall months ago. Pissed me off because 06-08 aren't the only ones with the problem.

And clarifying what Dave said- you can swap the headlight relay for the fan clutch relay and make it home with functioning low beams.

They're the only two black relays in the box and are right beside each other and have the same part number and pin layout.

Reactions: djthumper

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
SUMMARY:
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2006-2009 Buick LaCrosse, 2006-2007 Buick Rainier, Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT, GMC Envoy XL, 2006-2008 Isuzu Ascender, and Saab 9-7x vehicles. In the affected vehicles the headlamp driver module (HDM) may overheat and fail, causing the headlamps and daytime running lights to then fail and not illuminate.

my 2008 is not included...

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
That's happened to me as well a couple times. Of course I have an '04. All that would work was the high beams. Thought I was losing my mind. Couldn't replicate it. Just a freak thing couple times. Maybe 6 months ago. Hasn't done it since

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online