2005 trailblazer EXT rear diff bolts?

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
had a bad brake noise coming from the rear , dust shields are shot.... so since my fluid change is due im knocking it all out.

i have a 2005 TB EXT , cant find a new diff cover kit to replace my existing one. the cover is fine but the bolt heads are so rusted i have to use 3 different sockets to loosen last time i did a drain & fill

anyone know the bolt size or a link to a cover kit ? i have the Fel-Pro RDS55028-1 in my amazon cart already , its listed as fitting

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
A quick search suggests M8 x 1.25 coarse thread should be in the ballpark. Probably about 15-20mm.

A lot of hardware stores have bolt size gauges you can use to narrow it down with. The head size isn't as important as the bolt circumference / thread pitch.

And if you want anti-corrosive, stainless would be nice and purty (but I'd clean / paint the cover, too, if aesthetics matters)

Finally, if you have an EXT, you *should* have the 8.6" diff. Cover kits for those s/b readily available, if you want to go that way. It's a popular GM diff, and has a lot of aftermarket support.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online