2005 trailblazer cabin filter?

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
Do the 2005 TB's have a cabin filter. Some posts were vague. Just seems to have not a strong airflow no matter the vent setting. Thanx in advance

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
From the factory we did not get cabin filters. There are a number of people that cut the slot open and put the filters in and taped it up. Some were able to find doors to put in the spot.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
dla442 said:
Do the 2005 TB's have a cabin filter. Some posts were vague. Just seems to have not a strong airflow no matter the vent setting. Thanx in advance

Can you feel an increase in airflow at each fan speed increment? I noticed mine wasn't and replaced the blower motor resistor module that is under the glove box.

Search trailvoy.con for the air filter install mod. Don't feel it's necessary for me.

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
Playsinsnow said:
Can you feel an increase in airflow at each fan speed increment? I noticed mine wasn't and replaced the blower motor resistor module that is under the glove box.

Search trailvoy.con for the air filter install mod. Don't feel it's necessary for me.

Yea it increases at each increment. The module and fan not the issue as they are new. Just seems when on high or medium it's not like other cars that blow harder. Air not seeping through other vents to suspect he actuator. The hooter it put the temp the decrease in airflow. Maybe it's just meant to be like is. My impala will blow dry your hair and the TB just seems weak on flow.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
You don't have cabin filters in the '05; however, you could have something plugging the air ducts.

I would pull the blower and inspect the box, maybe something has turned your truck into a home.

If everything seems clear, connect the motor to 12v and see if the motor spins fast and free.

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
RayVoy said:
You don't have cabin filters in the '05; however, you could have something plugging the air ducts.

I would pull the blower and inspect the box, maybe something has turned your truck into a home.

If everything seems clear, connect the motor to 12v and see if the motor spins fast and free.

motor was just out and replaced a while ago. this has always been a concern of mine for a couple of years. not sure how a critter could even get in the ducts or inside our car...not country folk but will take a look at vents. when its put on the vent function and on high it just doesn't seem to have capacity like for say my impala. you can hear the motor working it up but there should be more flow. is there a door than could be stuck in a position, like the circulation door?

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
My '05 Envoy tossed a ton of air out of the vents, the floor or the defrost when the motor was on high, you must have something restricting the flow. There is a mode door, that lets the driver select windshield, vents, floor; maybe it's stuck. The motor that operates it is called an actuator.

Can you select each of the modes and can you feel the air flow change from one to the other?

When the motor was changed, was it wired correctly? Could it possibly be turning in the wrong direction, could the resistors be wired so that it never gets full voltage.

Do you have the manual selection system, or the auto system with the interior temp selection? I have noticed the air flow of the manual systems seems to flow higher than the auto systems.

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
RayVoy said:
My '05 Envoy tossed a ton of air out of the vents, the floor or the defrost when the motor was on high, you must have something restricting the flow. There is a mode door, that lets the driver select windshield, vents, floor; maybe it's stuck. The motor that operates it is called an actuator.

Can you select each of the modes and can you feel the air flow change from one to the other?

When the motor was changed, was it wired correctly? Could it possibly be turning in the wrong direction, could the resistors be wired so that it never gets full voltage.

Do you have the manual selection system, or the auto system with the interior temp selection? I have noticed the air flow of the manual systems seems to flow higher than the auto systems.

It is the auto climate control system. Then modes for switching vents work properly. When on floor I don't feel anything in defrost or front vent and like wise for other settings. The motor spins correctly. It could be nothing but I just think it should blow harder that it does. When the resistor was changed I know it was wired correctly. What about the blend door or the door that makes it a closed circulation compared to fresh air circulation? I have wondered about that one

GMCRick

Mar 20, 2015
I watched that video, and my 06 Trailblazer EXT doesn't have a screw where the cover is. I don't see any way to open it. It looks like it is sealed up. Not sure why mine looks different than the one in the video.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
GMCRick said:
I watched that video, and my 06 Trailblazer EXT doesn't have a screw where the cover is. I don't see any way to open it. It looks like it is sealed up. Not sure why mine looks different than the one in the video.
Unless you have an 02, or a select 03, that section will be sealed up. You have to cut it open yourself. No screw will be there, but the post for it should be.

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
GMCRick said:
Only a couple years had them. You're right though, it's sealed up with no access door. However, there's a guy here that makes the access doors on his 3D printer and sells them. Then once you buy that, a screw, and some filters, you can cut out where the access door would be and his part sides right in. It's a copy of the OEM ones.

Gimme a minute and I'll get you a link to his thread.

Edit: *shakes head* Well I got beat lol. I'll still find that link though

-link:

http://gmtnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12705-Cabin-Air-Filter-Doors

Not sure if he has any left or wants to make more. Not even sure if you're interested in the mod, just though you might like the read either way lol.

GMCRick

Mar 20, 2015
I contacted him about making me one. Thank you for the info.

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online