2005 TB speakers

keepontruckin

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hey everyone,

a few days ago my driver side rear speaker started acting up. it still works, but I've noticed that mid to high pitches seem to be breaking up. Im not an audio guy so i don't know the terminology but it seems like an in-speaker rattle best describes it, it goes away when the volume is low, but if the volume is more then halfway it sounds like crap..is my speaker is shot, or something else?

thanks,

-Rob

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
BOOMERZ said:
that my friend is the sound of a blown speaker on it way out , time to upgrade your sound

I second this opinion! :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
+4 as being a blown speaker... perfect time to upgrade as the factory speakers are garbacho!!!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
A couple of threads here about replacing speaker. Pretty easy on TBs/Voys. 6.5 inch ones front and back.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
A couple of threads here about replacing speaker. Pretty easy on TBs/Voys. 6.5 inch ones front and back.

I have a 2005 TB and 6.5's do not fit front or back. I have the bose system, do you also Rob?

EDIT - if you have bose, the code UQA will be on the inside of your glove box door.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If you have Bose, I think the advice has been to replace only with one of their custom speakers, from a GM sales outlet or Ebay.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
the roadie said:
If you have Bose, I think the advice has been to replace only with one of their custom speakers, from a GM sales outlet or Ebay.

Yes, I have just discovered a blown speaker in my rear passenger door. I have BOSE and was advised to stay with BOSE or if I do aftermarket I will have to go ALL OUT on a total audio upgrade in order for it to be any good.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:

Especially with the front speakers. Even if you do modifications to make something else fit - I'd bet money that it won't sound right unless you're going all out and adding amps and such.
Stock bose front -
View attachment 21110
It looks like I have the yard stick out past on the right - it just looks that way so I could take the pic straight down.

What it looks like in it's 'pod'.
View attachment 21111
The rear speakers I would change to aftermarket without hesitation. I was also told 6.5's so I bought some and had to modify to get them in.
Here's a pic of what was in.
I couldn't get the pic where I wanted it - the bottom one is what was in.

My guess is a 5.25 would (ahh - might) fit but that's just a guess since this is what I did.

Attachments

• IMG_3113 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3113 (Small).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3121 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3121 (Small).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3145 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3145 (Small).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3143 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3143 (Small).JPG