2005 TB EXT - Front wiper will not turn off!

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
KsLadyA said:
Awesome. what happened to the rest of my post... No wonder Im not gettin any response.
Try it again, we can get it fixed :thumbsup:

What are you doing to stop 'em, pulling fuse #35?

KsLadyA

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Let's try this again. One more time, short version.

Wipers started turning on by themselves randomly as they were in the off position. Then they would turn themselves off just as randomly. Two weeks in or so they turned on, and never again turned themselves off. They will adjust to speed, relay, and wash, however in the off position they are on high speed. We did some research, and first started with a brand new wiper switch. That did not fix the problem, and even increased the confusion when we found the wipers still ran with the switch disconnected. We disconnected the battery to reset electrics, so we were instructed, nothing. And moved onto replacing the wiper motor with a new one. Did not work. Still did not stop the wipers, however it did change things, we no longer had speed, relay, or wash control. Only high wipers. We put the old motor back on, and by suggestion from a friend replaced the relay switch. Nothing at all changed..

The mechanic friend came over and spent several hours looking at things, and found an issue with my ignition switch, so we replaced that. Nothing changed in the wipers, however now I have my passlock warning lock on constantly.

We have spent hours researching, with two different mechanic friends trying to help, but we are finding nothing. Only replace the motor, replace the switch.. etc.. The Blades are shot of course, so I now am at the point where I have to pull the fuse (rear fuse block #33), every time I don't need them, which is very bothersome.

And just for the record, I now have a check engine light on which sometimes flashes, and sometimes constant, but always on..

A Fix would be awesome.. I just want my truck back to normal...

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Do you know if the wippers are rain sensor?

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Gosh, not much in the system, you have power, motor and switch and some wiring (there is also a couple of connections to the BCM, and the rain sense module).

If you tried a new motor and a new switch, I think I'd be looking at the wiring next. Check the wires at the steering column (coming from the switch), maybe something is being grounded.

KsLadyA

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Sorry did that too. My husband looked, as well as his mechanic friend. Nothing looks off.
But something is feeding this thing power, even with the switch disconnected.

Know of anywhere I could get a good wiring diagram for the wiper system? Also one automotive teacher friend is telling us to check out the control panel / circuit board (not the one in the wiper motor), anyone know where we can find that? It is not under the dash!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online