2005 GMC Envoy XL Denali - Engine Replacement Options

fixnux

Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
A possible purchase I'm considering. The price is extremely cheap because the motor is bad in it and it's a friend of a friend. Everything else is in near perfect condition. The issue was lack of maintaince/never checking fluids.

I'm mostly set on getting a 5.3 (LH6) crate but I'm also open to other swap options if they aren't overly expensive and time consuming. I was reading somewhere that the LQ9-L76 and, possibly, the L92? are options?

Are there any supercharger kits that can be purchased online that would be recommended? A google search does provide some options but I haven't seen any reviews? Would be nice to get aroun d 400HP/torque++

Regarding upgraded transmissions. I'm waiting on my 02 to pop so I can remove the torque management/increase pressure and just tune the transmission. Any good places to look at for a street friendly - tow friendly - plow friendly replacement for the both?

Reactions: BlazingTrails

oh05ext

Dec 7, 2011
would it not be possible to swap over a 6.0l and just move the accessories over? I wanted to do the 6.0 swap on our but unfortunately we traded it in.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
A crate LS1 or LS2 would be cheaper than a crate 5.3 + supercharger.

I also don't know how well a supercharger will clear the hood. As it is the engine cover on the trucks won't clear on an Envoy.

A N/A setup would be much simpler to setup and work on.

Reactions: Mounce

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
Generation III & IV engine blocks and heads all have the same front accessories mount bolt locations. All front of engine stuff will bolt up to any engine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online