2005 Buick Terraza

kdannyk

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Wondering if any one has owned a Uplander or Terraza. I'm looking to purchasing one and wondering if they are reliable vehicle or a money pit.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I owned a 2008 Montana SV6 3.9L from new up to 2014 with 160k km. It was the best damned vehicle I ever owned. Here's the list of stuff I ever did or had to do on it:

Under warranty:
- TPMS sensors
- rear wiper motor seized
- battery after 1 year

Other:
- brake pads and shoes (normal wear)
- seized rear brake caliper (parking brake not releasing)
- rear HVAC blower motor connector melted
- water pump (leaked)
- rust through on roof near windshield

That's it. But there is a 3 year difference. My best advice would be to check online reviews. I have heard of problems with leaking coolant on a particular crossover pipe and the intake manifold on these 60° V6 engines.

Reactions: fletch09

kdannyk

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Thanks for the reply. The van has low mile for the year. Has little over 100000 miles. Was well taken care off. I've looked online for reviews and it seem that people ether Love them or hate them. Some time reviews get a person more confused if it's a good product or not.

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
I think they are almost up there with the Aztek or Baja with being ugly as sin, but but they are great vehicle and rarely break down. I think I had to do an alternator in one and wanted to blow my brains out. Behind the motor? against firewall iirc? Almost as bad as the crown vics...

Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
Friend of mine's family has owned a 2005 Terazza since new and have had zero issues with it. If you wanted AWD in an "american" van this was the only option since the Pentastar Vans (Grand Caravan and Town and Country). It's ass ugly but it works, they're pushing 200k miles with very little work.

Bruter

May 13, 2016
Timmins, ON
I have a 2005 Terraza and it's been a pain in the a** since new. Mostly electrical problems with stabilitrak, abs and other electrical failures. Maybe I got a bad one but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you check websites like Consumer Reports, Lemon-Aid and others, you'll see it's not well rated.

Working on the engine is a pain as well...spark plugs, alternator, serpentine belt. If you want to change the front struts, you have to take the whole windshield washer system apart.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
I have a 2005 Uplander and have to agree with Bruter entirely. The gremlins have run wild for years, intermittent lights always on the dash. It hasn't cost me a lot in repairs but neither I nor a good, local shop have been able to pinpoint the cause of the electrical issues. The year may make a difference, I know 2005 wasn't a good year for them. All said, my wife is less annoyed by the lights than me and it is her ride so we've kept it around despite my loathing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online