WANTED 2004 isuzu ascender I6 tranny

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

Courtesy eBay ...Detroit Axle is selling a Completely Re-Manufactured 4L60E specific to your Vehicle for $1,250.00 + Flat Rate S&H along with a 3 year Warranty:

Two Wheel Driver Version - $1,800.00 with FREE Flat Rate S&H:

DETROITAXLEREMAN4L60E.jpg

Four Wheel Driver Version - $1,250.00 FREE Flat Rate S&H:

Usually... you can have them Palette Ship the Transmission directly to your Drive Way and set it down for somewhere between $100.00-$150.00 Extra. Considering the COVID-19 Pandemic realities, this might be more convenient for you by eliminating the need for traipsing around any Local Freight Delivery Company at a Train Depot for the Pick Up.

Considering that a New Torque Converter comes with the Transmission...THESE are Pretty Good Deals. Many Local Transmission Shops will jump at the chance to install it for a Labor Fee... unless you are intent upon doing all of the work yourself.

You should also consider replacing your Rear Crankshaft Seal along with getting a New Flex Plate at the same time while the opportunity to do so is easy with available access to that area of the Engine.

YMMV ...with others, of course...especially if they ask for Less Money but also come with a 'Less than Sterling Warranty'.

Last edited:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
$1250 with 3yr warranty is something I'd jump on, TBH. You'll probably have to return a core, but it's still a good deal. The only thing I'd like to see on that is 'reman', vs. 'rebuilt'. But there is a warranty, at least.

@MRRSM - why are they charging less for a 4wd version, than a 2wd? Outside of the part that connects to the t-case, what's the difference? Or did I misunderstand what 'two wheel driver' meant?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Actually, I posted up BOTH of their Listings thinking that @Mooseman or @HARDTRAILZ or some other 4WD Owners with some experience would suggest something like..."get the less expensive one... and just unbolt and swap Out & In the Bell Housing and Tail Stock and create what you need..." sort of thing and help to Save the OP some Money.

The ONE thing I DO like about these Offers is that besides the presence of the Detroit Axle Company's Good Reputation... NOBODY will offer a Three Year Warranty on any Transmission that truly has NOT been, "Completely Re-Built... Right to The Hilt..."

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.