NEED HELP 2003 TrailBlazer won't stay in RKE programming mode!

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
My beloved 2003 TrailBlazer LS came to me after a string of owners - I'm number six! I'm not sure why, but I suspect because of a malfunction, my TrailBlazer has the PassLock system bypassed and I'm trying to program Remote Keyless Entry - which it did not originally come with (no AU0). I replaced the LGM today with a brand new module from ACDelco (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KSCU7M/?tag=gmtnation-20) and still, my truck refuses to stay in programming mode for more than two seconds. I'm wondering if the PassLock bypass is affecting my efforts or not. Can somebody help shed some light on this subject and assist me in my quest...please? Thank you in advance for any and all advice and admonition, friends.

- southsidesmoka

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Since you are not back to a perfect "Brand New OEM" condition... the procedures covered here may be comprehensive enough to walk through the steps (assuming that the Pass-Lok and Pass-Key Rules for GM are Universal) and get the Security set-up properly programmed. I'm not certain that the Lift Gate Module requires indexing on the GM Class 2 (single wire serial data) Network for the TBs and Envoys... but it certainly can come into conflict with other Network Members as they all "share" that one wire and can have odd effects upon each other if one is inoperable or damaged. Having a Tech 2 Clone would allow you to seek out the Module ...and Ping it to see if the Network recognizes it. If not... then the Tech 2 will need to be used to add the vehicle information and VIN as needed.

Here is the link you need to see the Step By Step relearn procedures towards the bottom of the page.:

http://www.bergerweb.net/PasslockFix/

Instead of shoveling Money at the Dealerships... If you want to get your very own GM Tech 2 Clone Kit without going Broke... Check out this GMT Nation link for all the Dope:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/new-complete-kit-gymko-gm-tech-ii-scan-tool.17878/post-556060

Last edited:
Reactions: southsidesmoka

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
I think I'm going to try the GYMKO GM Tech2 knockoff. It appears to be a viable alternative to the $4000 real thing and also about the same cost as going to a dealership and paying them to program my truck...thank you a thousand times for the information and the links, sir!

- southsidesmoka

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You are certainly Very Welcome, Brother... When time permits... review that lengthy linked Thread from beginning to end for how things evolved from my getting the Idea for having one myself, courtesy @Mooseman ... to receiving, un-boxing and then going through some well documented and very successful set-up procedures that will make things more understandable and visual for you to review ...as I included all of the Laptop TIS2000 Software Installation Screen Shots and many other useful images as well. Other Members who made this purchase also contributed with additional anecdotal experience information that will also edify you about what to expect.

There are quite a few accomplished "GYMKO" Owners and Users here that can also offer any additional help you require. When your New Gear arrives... It would be nice to read about your progress if you would start another dedicated thread over in the "TECH2" Sub-Forum here at GMT Nation. Please be certain to first set up a viable account with aliexpress.com before you begin and attempt your purchase.

Be sure to communicate frequently with them using not only your own Private Email... but be certain to check in with their aliexpress.com Messaging System about each and every step Before, During and After your purchase... so you won't have any mis-communication or miss any of their Staff-Alert Progress Messages. The Shipping and Handling that comes from China should be remarkably Free... Fast and Friendly. Keep us all posted.. and The Best of Luck to You... as things go forward! If you can well document-photograph and post about your own experience... you will likely draw more positive attention and assistance from many other Members when you require the help.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Since it is a NEW LGM, it needs to be programmed. You would probably have been better off just getting a used one from a fully equipped version of this truck. You may also need to program the BCM with this option. Hopefully it's not like the PCM and it's based on the VIN. If that's the case, we do have a list of VINs with their options.

I've never programmed either of these modules so I don't know if you just check off the options or it goes by VIN.

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
Since it is a NEW LGM, it needs to be programmed. You would probably have been better off just getting a used one from a fully equipped version of this truck. You may also need to program the BCM with this option. Hopefully it's not like the PCM and it's based on the VIN. If that's the case, we do have a list of VINs with their options.

I've never programmed either of these modules so I don't know if you just check off the options or it goes by VIN.

Thank you for the confirmation about the requisite programming. I have a "GYMKO" unit on the way; I suspect I should not have any issues with enabling the LGM. No rear wiper or rear defroster at the moment; as such, I know the LGM isn't enabled on the CAN.

I'll keep everybody updated on my little quest for functionality with what I hope is a story of success. Plenty of verbiage and pictures to come.

- southsidesmoka

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You may never, ever have to use the available SPS Online Services… but these videos will prove to be a useful form of ”practice viewing” before the time comes for you to try and Add the New LGM and get it Programmed and Flashed correctly to function within your unique vehicle. You will probably be able to use the information nested within your New TIS2000 Software… just using your “GYMKO” Unit as the dedicated a Pass-Thru Device from your TIS2000 Dedicated Laptop to conduct this process in your various Modules.

These Videos will give you the chance to see how the Dealerships and Pro Shops ordinarily Re-Program Modules using the Online SPS procedures. This process does not mean that YOU will have to purchase a TIS2WEB Subscription via the GM or ACDelco Company to perform SPS Pass-Thru activities using a Laptop with a Fully Functional Windows 7 or Windows XP Pro SP3 Operating System that has ALL Security Updates and a Valid COA listing with Microsoft to preempt ANY OS interruptions during any of these processes. The important thing is that regardless of which “J” Device these Guys are using that are NOT GM Tech2 Devices… Just watch all of them... and see how these processes flow from the SPS Screen forward in order for you to get the right ”Look and Feel” of how this job gets done:

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
You may never, ever have to use the available SPS Online Services… but these videos will prove to be a useful form of ”practice viewing” before the time comes for you to try and Add the New LGM and get it Programmed and Flashed correctly to function within your unique vehicle. You will probably be able to use the information nested within your New TIS2000 Software… just using your “GYMKO” Unit as the dedicated a Pass-Thru Device from your TIS2000 Dedicated Laptop to conduct this process in your various Modules.

These Videos will give you the chance to see how the Dealerships and Pro Shops ordinarily Re-Program Modules using the Online SPS procedures. This process does not mean that YOU will have to purchase a TIS2WEB Subscription via the GM or ACDelco Company to perform SPS Pass-Thru activities using a Laptop with a Fully Functional Windows 7 or Windows XP Pro SP3 Operating System that has ALL Security Updates and a Valid COA listing with Microsoft to preempt ANY OS interruptions during any of these processes. The important thing is that regardless of which “J” Device these Guys are using that are NOT GM Tech2 Devices… Just watch all of them... and see how these processes flow from the SPS Screen forward in order for you to get the right ”Look and Feel” of how this job gets done:

Many. many thanks for the video links. I watched them, and found I was going to need to setup a "clean and secure" Windows 7 environment, wrangle a DB-9 serial port adapter and use the "GYMKO" (BTW, what does "GYMKO" stand for?) device as a pass-thru-device for module programming purposes. Also grabbed a hardware key for the TIS2000 software in the event the software "patch" doesn't work. I think I'm ready. Now, to hurry up and wait for the device to arrive... Thank you, all, again.

- southsidesmoka

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
Many. many thanks for the video links. I watched them, and found I was going to need to setup a "clean and secure" Windows 7 environment, wrangle a DB-9 serial port adapter and use the "GYMKO" (BTW, what does "GYMKO" stand for?) device as a pass-thru-device for module programming purposes. Also grabbed a hardware key for the TIS2000 software in the event the software "patch" doesn't work. I think I'm ready. Now, to hurry up and wait for the device to arrive... Thank you, all, again.

- southsidesmoka

I answered my own question:

I thought "GYMKO" meant "get your money kit out"; however, the acronym is actually short for General Motors Knock-Off Tech II Unit. Now, where is that AliExpress package? :celebrate:

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I thought making up that "GYMKO" Acronym would make this device more memorable and perhaps "catch" on for others who have not as yet had the chance to get their own. At the price you are paying... The "GYMKO" Tech 2 Scanner Kit is the Best Kept Secret about the Premium Problem Solving Tool necessary to Beat the Dealerships at their Own Game... and do my part to help encourage and strengthen our Members with the possibility of obtaining..."Super-Mechanic" Powers... :>)

There are STILL MORE AVAILABLE HERE... So Ladies.... and Gentlemen... What are you Waiting for?

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/new-complete-kit-gymko-gm-tech-ii-scan-tool.17878/post-556060

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
While you are waiting... If you would like to 'get your feet wet' with seeing the Step-By-Step processes of installing the TIS2000 Software onto your Dedicated Laptop... Take a gander at these images I have tucked further down as a sub-folder in my "GYMKOTECH2CLONE" Photobucket Album... and Download them for future reference if you think they will help prepare you for your own pending actions.

The Main Photo Album also contains all of the Un-Boxing images and equipment close-ups that includes the Black Bosch Vetronix Carry Case ...an item that will not be included anymore with Tech 2 Clone Sales... but don't be dismayed... if you review what these components look like... you'll get a better idea about what you can expect to receive and Un-Box very soon:

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60dgrzbelow0/library/GYMKOTECH2CLONE/TIS2000PCINSTALL?sort=2&page=1

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC

- southsidesmoka

Had to switch the OS to Windows XP Professional SP3...the journey begins! Software environment, including TIS2000, is fully operational; now, to hurry up and wait for the hardware to arrive. I'm bursting with anticipation of RKE and full liftgate functionality!
:explode:
- southsidesmoka

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Mooseman 's suggestion about obtaining a Salvage Yard LGM (Lift Gate Module) as having the onboard Chip pre-loaded with the Vehicle Parameters would be the most direct route for Members who do NOT own a "GYMKO" Tech2 Scanner Kit. But... for those who have purchased a Brand New LGM that has nothing set up internally to allow for it to become recognizable on the GM Class 2 Network, a visit to the Dealer$hip would be necessary to Pay to get the damned thing installed properly.

But once YOU get all of your Laptop Windows XP Pro SP3, TIS2000 Software AND your New "GYMKO" Tech2 Scanner-PCMCIA Card set up and "Proofed" after mating things correctly up to the OBD2 Port of your Vehicle... you may STILL require a Low Cost, Minimal Access ACDelco TIS2WEb-TISTIDS Electronic Subscription that will not only allow you to Program that New LGM... but also includes a One Time Per Module Update option for ALL of the Modules in your Vehicle that allows you up to Two Years (24 Months) to perform these Updates. Here is a Screen Print of the Main ACDelco Login-Subscription Choice Page available via the attached link:

https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome

ACDELCOSUBSCRIPTIONS.jpg

Last edited:

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
@Mooseman 's suggestion about obtaining a Salvage Yard LGM (Lift Gate Module) as having the onboard Chip pre-loaded with the Vehicle Parameters would be the most direct route for Members who do NOT own a "GYMKO" Tech2 Scanner Kit. But... for those who have purchased a Brand New LGM that has nothing set up internally to allow for it to become recognizable on the GM Class 2 Network, a visit to the Dealer$hip would be necessary to Pay to get the damned thing installed properly.

But once YOU get all of your Laptop Windows XP Pro SP3, TIS2000 Software AND your New "GYMKO" Tech2 Scanner-PCMCIA Card set up and "Proofed" after mating things correctly up to the OBD2 Port of your Vehicle... you may STILL require a Low Cost, Minimal Access ACDelco TIS2WEb-TISTIDS Electronic Subscription that will not only allow you to Program that New LGM... but also includes a One Time Per Module Update option for ALL of the Modules in your Vehicle that allows you up to Two Years (24 Months) to perform these Updates. Here is a Screen Print of the Main ACDelco Login-Subscription Choice Page available via the attached link:

https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome

View attachment 85524

I stumbled upon the ACDelco TDS site about a week ago whilst querying the web for info relating to the LGM...I'm already registered. :2thumbsup: Just waiting to see if I have to shell out the additional $40 to program my particular truck and module (vehicle ownership is NEVER cheap; however, I see the "GYMKO" as an investment)...thank you, for the heads up, good sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar! I'm going to start a thread over in the Tech 2 forum once my package arrives to keep everybody posted about progress, problems / fixes, experiences, etc...

- southsidesmoka

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This I would assume you can use the GYMKO Chinese clone as the passthrough rather than a newer GM MDS module. This would be especially important if ACDelco recognizes the bad or bogus serial numbers.

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
This I would assume you can use the GYMKO Chinese clone as the passthrough rather than a newer GM MDS module. This would be especially important if ACDelco recognizes the bad or bogus serial numbers.

Excellent point, sir. My "GYMKO" Tech 2 is scheduled to arrive this Wednesday, 20180815. I'll know if I need SPS access soon thereafter and will definitely find out whether or not ACDelco has built a brick-wall keeping the "GYMKO" Tech 2 from using the SPS. However, on a side note, I have taken note of "cracked" GDS2 and TIS2Web software availability on the Net - this leads me to believe vulnerabilities exist. Professionally, I am a Software Architect and, as such, know a thing or two about "hacking and cracking" and reverse engineering software. I may and/or might be able to implement a workable solution through any existing software hurdles...we shall see, indeed! I have the need for a solution and the skills to implement one - after all, necessity is the mother of all invention. Thanks for the heads up, brother. :thankyou:

- southsidesmoka

Reactions: Mooseman and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
A few more recommendations to minimize the Dis-Connects from the ACDelco TIS2WEB Server:

(1) Turn OFF all Windows Screensaver and Power Management APPS.

(2) Ensure that your Laptop Battery is FULLY Charged and the Power Supply is Secure and Reliable.

(3) Use an Auto Battery Refresher and Do Not Use a Battery Charger when any Tech2 Equipment is attached to the Vehicle Female OBD2 Port.

(4) Avoid any Wireless “entanglements” or Drop-Outs by using a goodly length of CAT-5E UTP Blue Wire and Fresh, Well Installed RJ-45 Connectors leading from the Laptop Hard-line Ethernet Jack directly into your Internet Router/Switch.

If you decide to make your own Cut-To-Length CAT Cable just for these occasions:

Ethernet Cable Tools and Connector Kit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CSWF2CL/?tag=gmtnation-20

CAT-5E UTP 4 Pair Twisted Network Cable:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O82K74K/?tag=gmtnation-20

CAT-5E RJ-45 Cable Connector Common Wiring Layout:

ethernet_10_100_1000.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Why are we talking about using Tis2WEB? The Tis2000 software on the CD that should accompany the Tech 2 will be able to program your new LGM. Easiest and fastest way is to use the Tech 2 in the passthrough mode. Tis2000 has the required programming for all modules up to ~2009.

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
Why are we talking about using Tis2WEB? The Tis2000 software on the CD that should accompany the Tech 2 will be able to program your new LGM. Easiest and fastest way is to use the Tech 2 in the passthrough mode. Tis2000 has the required programming for all modules up to ~2009.

I didn't think I'd need Tis2WEB; however, I was responding to the comment below:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/thread...tay-in-rke-programming-mode.18909/post-564998

I'm ready on the software side as far as the OS setup and Tis2000, just waiting on all of the hardware to arrive - tomorrow!

:woohoo:

- southsidesmoka

Sorry for the double post - server error...I'll begin a thread in Tech 2 when the arrival occurs.

- southsidesmoka

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Fixed it. I'm getting the errors too.

On your '03, you won't need a subscription. All the updates are on Tis2000.

However, it might be useful for my '11 Caprice :cool:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Mooseman ... I was just trying to be as comprehensive as possible in describing the TIS2WEB information and hardware set up and support issues. Assuming that "Mr. Triple S" is going to want to dive right in on performing that LGM Flash... Given your experiences... if you have a prior post that points out the Step-By-Steps available in the GM OEM Service Manual Documentation and the Bosch Instructional PDFs, it would help him and others following along how to cut to the chase when performing Modular Flash Events as he tries out his New Tech 2 Clone over in the TECH2 Forum. So many of us rely upon you for such things.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to program a module since the time I did the PDM and PCM in the Saab 3 years ago. A quick rundown from what I remember:
- turn on vehicle ignition
- connect the Tech 2 to the OBD port of the vehicle and turn on. Leave it at the initial screen
- connect the Cat5 cable from the Tech 2 to the serial port adapter
- connect the adapter to the serial port of the WXP computer
- start Tis2000 on the computer
- Click on Service Programming Service and follow the prompts.
This video shows the process from this point.

It's the only one I could find that does it in the passthrough mode. All the others show device loading method (basically "sneaker-net" using the Tech 2).

When in the software version selection screen, it may give more than one option. Normally you would use the latest one onless it's giving you issues and want to try an older version.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online