2003 GMC ENVOY XL - HIT & RUN

ND-1965C10

Well the title says it all. Received news today from my Insurance that we are totaled. Hit and Run and no idea who did it. Damage estimate $6900

Attachments

Mounce

Wow, that blows. Gotta hate people like that.

Do any of your neighbors have security cameras?

Aarkon

Silver Supporter
Damn man sorry to hear that people dont seem to pay attention anymore or even care about anyone other than themselves

OP
OP
ND-1965C10

ND-1965C10

Was in front of my brother-in-laws house, no cameras, no luck. Happened 12/30 and need a vehicle that can carry our 3 kids - 1 more coming Monday.

dmanns67

Wow man that sucks. Hard to believe the vehicle is totaled over being side swiped. I guess if the damage is more than the vehicle is worth, the insurance comapny cannot justify the claim.

I wonder what the other vehicle looked like. Probably a drunk driver :no:

MAY03LT

Founding Member
Lifetime VIP Supporter
That sucks. Hope you can find something that will fit your needs fast.

Playsinsnow

No chance for a buyback? Don't take the first offer the insurance co gives you. Haggle some.

HARDTRAILZ

Sucks it happened, but looks pretty rough for a buyback unless you want an offroad toy or something.

SmokeyMcBlazer

sorry for your loss......

mcsteven

As Plays mentioned, don't take the first offer. If you have any upgrades, maintenance records, new tires, aftermarket radio, low mileage, anything that may have added value to the car, argue it. I had a car that was totaled and they originally had offered me $4400. I ended up getting $5800.

OP
OP
ND-1965C10

ND-1965C10

Thanks, I could buy back for about 1000 but would only have parted out. If timing would have been better where did not need a vehicle now and the money for one would have done it. I was also able to get insurance to cone up but at the same time they knew I was in a hurry so not as much as I wanted. Shhh. I am taking a few items off anyway! Unfortunately my wife is set on a minivan this time.

mcsteven

ND-1965C10 said:
Unfortunately my wife is set on a minivan this time.
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420918815.751609.jpg

mcsteven

After about a year with the minivan, worked on my wife to come back to the goodside!
Sweet. I wish I had held out for a long wheelbase model. I'd love to have had an XL with the 5.3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
spadz93
Top Bottom