NEED HELP 2003 Envoy 4.2 I6 ABS, Brake service light stalling and wont start

mikedida18

Original poster
Jun 5, 2021
canada
Last week i was leaving my work site and shortly after i put the car in drive the abs and brake service light came on. The truck immediately began to run like shit. The accelerating was delayed and hesitating, the pedal just wasnt making anything happen. I slowly rolled to the shoulder and the truck stalled out. I tried to start it and it would but would immediately stall out, till eventually it wouldnt even start.

I got the Truck towed to a shop and they told me fuel pump, fuel lines are rusty and need to be changed, front passenger wheel bearing, engine coil.

Took the truck home changed all 6 coils and did plugs. Scanned it and it showed U100 class 2 data link malfunction, U1301 class 2 data link high, U1401 loss communication ebcm. Cleared all the codes. Truck started. went for test drive and it ran beautiful. Appeared to be no issue at all with the fuel pump. Next day im driving and boom same issue happened. Truck stalls, wont start, same lights on (abs, brake service light). Same codes came up... So next we cleaned ebcm and fuel pump grounds. Went for test drive, died up the road. Then took abs fuse out and it ran great. gave it a good test drive.Got back home, shut truck off and put the fuse back in. drove up the road and it died once again. so now im thinking its definitely from the abs/ebcm causing this. So i take fuse out again thinking its gonna start and drive nice and it doesnt start at all. same issue yet again.

Have no clue how to fix this and need some ideas. Could it be a fuel pump? Module/wiring issue? HELP!!

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Your U codes are the best clue so far. If there is a loss of communication between modules, it can cause the engine to die. As a first test, unplug the EBCM and see if the engine dies again and those codes go away except for loss of comms with the EBCM. If that solves it, the EBCM might be shorting out internally and scrambling the network causing the U1000.

Reactions: ek02

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online