2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT reman engine diesel upon shutoff

Skidddmarkzzz

Just had a reman Jasper engine put in my 03 Trailblazer and it runs smooth, except when I turn the truck off, it diesels. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

NJTB

Silver Supporter
Probably something with the fuel injection. When you turn the key off it cuts the fuel off. No fuel, no dieseling. Leaky injectors?
It's funny that since it's a new engine it does this. Dieseling requires a hot spot (carbon) in the cylinder for ignition. Maybe some Seafoam?

Mooseman

Agreed. Check the fuel pressure at shut off. If it steadily drops, I would suspect a leaking injector. Another possibility is a defective pressure regulator allowing too high pressure and overcoming the injectors. It should be around 55 psi.

OP
S

Skidddmarkzzz

Probably something with the fuel injection. When you turn the key off it cuts the fuel off. No fuel, no dieseling. Leaky injectors?
It's funny that since it's a new engine it does this. Dieseling requires a hot spot (carbon) in the cylinder for ignition. Maybe some Seafoam?
We had all new fuel injectors put in.

Mooseman

And what's the pressure like I asked?

OP
S

Skidddmarkzzz

I don't know. I have to take it back to the shop that installed the engine and the injectors. I was only asking to see if there were suggestions that my husband could check or address.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone2U

Secure Browsing

Top Bottom