2002 trailblazer rear hatch issues....help

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
I have a couple issues with the rear hatch. First off I noticed that my rear glass won't pop open. The button is stuck in the out position, and you can not press it in. I have hit it reasonably hard, and it will not press in. I didn't want to beat on it to hard until I knew what the problem was. Second the rear hatch won't lock. I hit the lock button, and I can still open the whole hatch. I can't hear anything in the hatch acting like it wants to lock. Are these problems related, or a separate issue? What do I need to look at doing? Thanks

Knucklehead

Jul 23, 2014
I had a problem with my glass button. I took off the plastic piece inside and noticed the button was off alignment with the little arm that pops it open.

Pop off your plastic on the lift gate and look around. You will find the problems.

Tblaze53

Dec 10, 2012
I had the same issue when I bought my T Blaze. To fix mine I removed the plastic from the back hatch, (the mechanical parts were rusted together) Removed the parts soaked them with WD-40 and cleaned up the best I could with a wire brush, made adjustments to the back glass button when I replaced it. Everything has worked great since.

Reactions: Texan

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
I took the plastic off, and removed the glass popper button. I sprayed pb blaster around it, and got it working nice and smooth. Thanks for the help for that. I still can't get the rear hatch to lock though....Everything seems to move freely any ideas?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Mine wouldn't lock neither so I had to replace the locking module. Was lucky and found a good one in the boneyard.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online