FOR SALE 2002 Trailblazer part out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well sadly I believe the time has come to part out my Trailblazer. It has severe frame rot (gaping holes rusted through it in several places) and I've been patching the body for a while too. It had a brake problem recently and the high pressure power steering line just blew out on it so that's it, not worth repairing so gonna sell off the good stuff.

Obviously some things can be shipped, other things not so much.
This is a COMPLETE vehicle, so everything is there, and just about everything works.

Pretty much, I'm posting this as an FYI, if you want a particular part and want pics etc, ask and I'll get those, get pricing, etc.

If someone wants the whole thing that is also an option. It is currently NOT driveable due to the blown power steering line.

It is a Forest Green Metallic 2002 Trailblazer 4.2L with 215k miles. Engine runs fine, has has Mobil 1 in it since I got it in 2010 with 112k miles, transmission works great (is due for a fluid and filter change though), transfer case is fine, etc.

Mirrors are power and heated and both work. The passenger mirror bottom cap (where the lens would be for mirror turn signals) has some black RTV inside holding it on because the little clip broke. That was yeas ago and it hasn't budged.

The climate control is manual. Passenger side slider bulb is burned out but it would be a good candidate for someone wanting to LED retrofit, or replace parts if their retrofit went wrong and they broke their sliders.

All door switch modules work, though the bulbs in at least one don't work (I think driver front side). Again, good for LED upgrades!

I do have all the center console rubber inserts and the rear door vertical weather stripping that tend to go missing, so if yours are gone I have what you need!

Seats are all in generally good shape. They are 14 years old but I'm single and rarely had passengers, so it isn't like they got heavy use during the almost 6 years I've had this vehicle.

I do not smoke so nothing smells bad :wink:

Some of the modded/updated stuff this truck has includes:

LiftMeister 2.5" suspension lift with Bilstein HD shocks (about 30k on them)
1.5" hubcentric wheel spacers
Stock 16" wheels with Firestone Destination AT P265/75/16 tires that have ~60% tread left
8.6" 3.42 rear axle (open diff)

Current pending/sold parts:

2.5" Liftmeister kit is pending.

Rear cargo light, hood light, and good set of LED tail lights are sold.
3rd brake light, 4x4 switch, and wiper switch are sold.
Console lid is sold.

OEM tail lights pictured below are still available, as are a second pair of LED tail lights that have some reverse bulb reflector water damage on the driver side (pics incoming)

And some pics of the Trailblazer for reference and posterity
20140611_174626_zpsd7757d1a.jpg

20150205_173951_zpsonatxfx5.jpg

20131212_154619_zpscdc789f3.jpg

20131004_122654_zpsb0be3d2e.jpg

101302_zps21c50d51.jpg

20160427_180916_zpsxhcxfgsc.jpg

20160427_181500_zpswlv5svmp.jpg

20160427_181511_zpscunt7u1j.jpg

20160427_181517_zpsdjvvyw2j.jpg

20160427_181528_zps7gwenzrz.jpg

20160427_181538_zpswbvsugtb.jpg

20160427_181550_zpsalwqft1o.jpg

20160427_181558_zpsyfefghpg.jpg

20160427_181612_zps2z2szvhm.jpg

20160427_181616_zpstzzlzfh1.jpg

OEM tails
20160427_220737_zpsaudhqvek.jpg

OEM style LED tails, the chrome reflector on the driver side reverse got messed up by a water leak which is why it is so dark. Thought maybe someone might want the set for something, they do work fine.
20160429_184919_zpshor99p2t.jpg

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You already have my PM, but I may be interested in more as time comes and I can pick up bigger stuff possibly.

Top of head stuff:

Power steering pump
Trans possibly
Vent visors-passenger if in-channel
Coils- at least a spare or two

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
May be interested in lift stuff...

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
PS pump works. Reservoir has a small crack that I patched with blue RTV but that can be swapped if you don't like the blue patch on the backside.
Trans works as mentioned
Vent visors are in-channel but I'd think you'd need new adhesive to hold them
All the coils work but are 02-05 only though. I'd kinda like to keep stuff like that with the engine at this point though as it would be nice sell the engine as a whole (sans accessories).

Just let me know.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

shovenose

Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You've got my PM mate.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
OK a few things are sold
Lift is sold.
Tail lights, hood light, cargo LED light are all pending.

@shovenose that knob is part of the headlight switch assembly, and since mine doesn't have fog lights my switch won't work in your truck.
I'll check the condition of my brake booster hose and get back with you on it. Would be pointless if it wasn't in decent shape!

Last edited:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
What color is the interior? I may need a console lid.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
It is a neutral/grayish interior.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If it is that concrete greyish color I will take it if it is in good shape. Mine doesn't latch properly...

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Funny how my brain isn't working. I believe it is that color. I'll try to remember to double check and grab a pic tomorrow after work. It is in decent shape, latches just fine and all that. (It is nearly 1 AM why am I still awake.)

Reactions: djthumper

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
* edited, all info put in the first post *

Last edited:

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Isn't that part integral to the seat itself?

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Wow, it was a gorgeous TB. Ok, this is why I spray paint my undercarriage every summer wherever I see a hint of paint failure.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Sparky, you still have projectors? How much? Also, how much for the interior handle trim? Bose speakers? If so, how much?

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Yes still have the projectors but the turn signals and such are custom wired. You'd need to do some rewiring of your turn signals and some mods under the dash near the relay for them to work right (I overengineered the whole thing, must be the German in me lol). Haven't really worked out pricing yet, I may redo them a bit to make them more plug-n-play friendly to be saleable.

No Bose, sorry. Truck is an LS model.

You referring to the black plastic surrounding those interior handles right? Which ones? (Or all of them?)

*EDIT* Parts status in the first post has been updated.

I still have the stock tail lights pictured above available. Only one tail light circuit board is available, the other I had fixed a while back and it broke again taking it off the truck.

I do have another set of the same LED tail lights available that one I had slightly damaged and it led to condensation that screwed up the chrome around the reverse light bulb. I'll get some pics of those and post them when I'm home later.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDonnie

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Yes still have the projectors but the turn signals and such are custom wired. You'd need to do some rewiring of your turn signals and some mods under the dash near the relay for them to work right (I overengineered the whole thing, must be the German in me lol). Haven't really worked out pricing yet, I may redo them a bit to make them more plug-n-play friendly to be saleable.

No Bose, sorry. Truck is an LS model.

You referring to the black plastic surrounding those interior handles right? Which ones? (Or all of them?)

*EDIT* Parts status in the first post has been updated.

I still have the stock tail lights pictured above available. Only one tail light circuit board is available, the other I had fixed a while back and it broke again taking it off the truck.

I do have another set of the same LED tail lights available that one I had slightly damaged and it led to condensation that screwed up the chrome around the reverse light bulb. I'll get some pics of those and post them when I'm home later.
I'm an LS too son! Bose was a custom order my guess, i wish it wasnt. For the handles, i just need the drivers an passengers front door handle shroud. the oval looking thing that is darker than the rest.

EDIT: If you give me a good deal on those projectors (after you fix em), I'll give you your screwdriver back! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ah heck you still have those things? Every once in a while I need those suckers.

Would the regular speakers work on the Bose system I wonder? Not sure the differences between them. Probably everything...

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Ah heck you still have those things? Every once in a while I need those suckers.

Would the regular speakers work on the Bose system I wonder? Not sure the differences between them. Probably everything...

Nah, if it were that easy, I'd go aftermarket. The bose speakers have a 1 ohm resistance, which makes replacing them impossible without sacrificing HUGELY on power/volume or swapping the whole speaker system.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
With or without tires?

Make an offer.

I'd kinda like to sell the wheels/tires together just so I don't have to get them dismounted but it probably isn't that big a deal I guess.

tert72

Apr 21, 2016
IL
does your 4 wheel drive all work? may be interested in the transfer case, actuator and all that good stuff.... i am NOT up on 4 wheel drive stuff though..... been watching videos to try to become more familiar with it though....since my 4 hi and 4 lo is not working, ill grab whatever i can... if i dont need it, ill put it away for a rainy day :smile:

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Yes everything works. I kept it mechanically sound as long as reasonable, heck even the AC still worked last summer.

AppleJack

Apr 23, 2014
Sparky,
Hey I know this an old thread but any parts left over? Looking for driver side heated power mirror glass / whole assembly?

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
All I have left is the TCCM and license plates.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Please see above - I haven't had the truck for over a year.

Sorry, I should have locked the thread earlier. Locked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online