2002 trailblazer p1275 p1280

Trailblazin94

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Ok so just recently had the fuel pump fail on me and replaced it with a new one. Started it up ran fine then I see "Service Engine Soon" and "Reduced Engine Power" when i went to give it gas i had zero throttle response, and threw me the code P1275 and P1280 both something to do with the APP sensor in the gas pedal. I replaced the gas pedal with a new GM one and still nothing has changend. I hear a weird noise from the throttlebody when I put the car into the on position. Is it worth replacing the throttle body when im not sure if that it? Or better of sending to my mechanic to have him figure it out? It all worked fine before the fuel pump stopped working.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
-Mark

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
I would disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes, clean throttle body while waiting, then see what happens....

if this doesn't take care of the prob, then it might be a harness issue, here I am of no help...:biggrin:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Welcome to the site! :cool:

Here's a brief explanation of what sets those codes:

P1275 - The APP sensor 1 voltage is less than 0.13 volts or more than 4.87 volts.
P1280 - The APP sensor 2 voltage is less than 0.13 volts or more than 4.87 volts.

If you're familiar with testing circuits with a DMM, the wiring to these sensors can be tested.

There are two things that caught my attention when looking at the schematic.

1 - The fuel pump sending units low reference circuit is shared with both of the APP sensors
2 - The Fuel Tank Pressure sensors 5v reference is shared with APP2

So two things that could be tried without doing any real testing is to unplug the FTP and the fuel pump and see if the REP light goes out.

colefireangel

Jan 11, 2021
Lincoln County
Welcome to the site! :cool:

Here's a brief explanation of what sets those codes:

P1275 - The APP sensor 1 voltage is less than 0.13 volts or more than 4.87 volts.
P1280 - The APP sensor 2 voltage is less than 0.13 volts or more than 4.87 volts.

If you're familiar with testing circuits with a DMM, the wiring to these sensors can be tested.

There are two things that caught my attention when looking at the schematic.

1 - The fuel pump sending units low reference circuit is shared with both of the APP sensors
2 - The Fuel Tank Pressure sensors 5v reference is shared with APP2

So two things that could be tried without doing any real testing is to unplug the FTP and the fuel pump and see if the REP light goes out.
I'm having this problem. But I don't think it's my computer. I unplugged the fuel tank fuse and the REP light is still on. Looking for the FTP first now

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is a very old thread. I would suggest that you start your own with your vehicle info, circumstances and what's been done so far.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86