NEED HELP 2002 Trailblazer Motor Mount Replacement (Passenger Side)

Scott400

Original poster
Jun 29, 2016
Lutz, FL
I changed the motor mount on the driver side fine, but the passenger side mount seems fused to the top metal bracket and some kind of shield piece that was not on the other mount. How do I separate the motor mount from these two parts so I can put in my new one?

I was able to get the engine raised fine with enough clearance, that is not an issue here.

Any suggestions?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Had the same issue myself when I did mine. What I did was put the bolt back on the top about half way threaded in and tap at it till it let go also tried with a pry bar get it moving a bit. As for the motor mount heat shield it was in terrible shape so I chucked it. Next time around I'll order a new one.

Also I hope you ordered ac delco motor mounts because anything else won't work.

Scott400

Original poster
Jun 29, 2016
Lutz, FL
Just want to say thanks for the help, I got them separated. Thankfully I read reviews online and decided purchased ac delco motor mounts (although they were more expensive...) and they make the car sound and feel so much better now.

I had the same issue with the heat shield. I had to discard it. Have you had any issues not having a heat shield over the passenger motor mount? Should I purchase a replacement?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I had the same issue with the heat shield. I had to discard it. Have you had any issues not having a heat shield over the passenger motor mount? Should I purchase a replacement?

So far no issue with out it but the engineers put it there to keep the heat at bay from the exhaust manifold. I honestly don't think it does that great of a job but who am I to say anything. Lol. It's been over a year and like I said no issue thus far.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Do you have 4WD? I believe you need to pull the RF axle shaft because the CV joint contacts the frame.

Edit..sorry, I see you replaced the mount.

Last edited:

Enlightened1z

Jul 15, 2014
Do you have 4WD? I believe you need to pull the RF axle shaft because the CV joint contacts the frame.

Edit..sorry, I see you replaced the mount.

Just replaced both in my 4WD 2002 TB last weekend.

I did not have to remove the axle shafts but I did have to remove the struts, I could not get to the lower mount bracket bolts otherwise (Not sure why but maybe it's because I replaced the Original struts with Monroe Sensatrac struts a few years back).

After supporting the engine with a jack on the driver side first, I removed the lower and upper motor mount nuts, then dropped the Driver side strut to remove the three bottom mount bracket bolts on each side. The mount came right off. The hardest part of the job was holding the new mount aligned in the bottom mount bracket while starting the bottom mount bracket bolt. I eventually decided to lower the engine a little so the top of the new motor mount could rest in the upper mount bracket hole to help keep it from topping over while fishing the lower bracket bolts through the lower mount bracket. I don't think there is enough clearance to insert the new mount if the lower mount bracket is bolted back into into place beforehand. I didn't bother testing that theory because I didn't want to chance damaging my drive axles. To my surprise I didn't have to raise the engine a very much to get this done. Passenger side was a piece of cake.

There is an excellent thread in this forum for a 4WD 2007 TB that I followed for the most part where I could.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
I need to replace both of mine. I made the mistake of buying the cheap ones and have a horrible vibration. I'll have to replace them with the ACdelco ones.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
X2 ^ ...Here they are... In all of their OEM Glory:

DSC06701.jpg DSC06704.jpg DSC06705.jpg DSC06706.jpg DSC06707.jpg

Reactions: dna59

Enlightened1z

Jul 15, 2014
I need to replace both of mine. I made the mistake of buying the cheap ones and have a horrible vibration. I'll have to replace them with the ACdelco ones.

The AC Delco mounts are wonderful! I can't even tell my TB's engine is on it's so smooth. My Envoy doesn't feel as smooth but replacing the mounts still puts it miles from where it was before.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
I'm definitely ordering those damn mounts today to replace those sucky Anchor ones. That's the last unsolved problem I have with my Envoy.

Jon Blaze

Sep 5, 2014
Just a tip you can replace the motor mounts on i6 trailblazer a lot easier by removing the 3 of the 4 bolts that mount the motor mounts to the engine block and save yourself a ton of work replaced both my mounts in under 2 hours

Reactions: Locksmith

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online