2002 Trailblazer LTZ stock stereo questions

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
Hello, I just recently purchased a 2002 Trailblazer LTZ. It is in really good shape all around except for just a minor hiccup on the interior.....The previous owners son decided to take the cars cigarette lighter, and get it hot, and push it into the lens cover on the radio......Not pretty! Anyways. Is there a way to just replace that part, or will I have to get a whole new radio? If it is replaceable is it an easy fix? Would it maybe be possible to sand it out and polish it? What type of material is the lens cover? Also how do you tell if you have BOSE or not? Mine is a 2002 Trailblazer LTZ, and it has the 6-disc version in it, but I can't find anything that says BOSE anywhere on it. I was told it was BOSE, but just wondering. Thanks for any and all help!

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Idk about the lens but I'd bet you have Bose since it's an LTZ. A couple people have mentioned that the radio will say "BOSE" on the screen when you first turn it on.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Mounce said:
Idk about the lens but I'd bet you have Bose since it's an LTZ. A couple people have mentioned that the radio will say "BOSE" on the screen when you first turn it on.
Only in later year versions mate. Our 02's and possibly 03's don't say chit.

Reactions: Theblackarrow

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.