NEED HELP 2002 trailblazer crank no start

Oscar_brazzersauto

Original poster
Sep 7, 2022
Grand Rapids Michigan
So I have a 2002 trailblazer that had a blown engine so I swapped it for one from the junck yard. The engine from the junk yard was a 03 trailblazer. The point is that once I installed the engine and went to turn the key it cranked but no start . I checked the ground cables and fuses and relays and everything is good . I plugged in scanner and it gives me the code P1681 PCM internal performance. If some could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We do have a thread on that code that gives some direction however the OP never came back and remained unresolved.

Which PCM are you using? Is it your original 2002 or possibly one that came with the 2003? There could be a difference between years for programming and should stay with the 2002 PCM.

Grab a copy of the manuals (link in my signature) and check the schematics to check the ignition switch outputs and power and grounds going into the PCM.

Oscar_brazzersauto

Original poster
Sep 7, 2022
Grand Rapids Michigan
We do have a thread on that code that gives some direction however the OP never came back and remained unresolved.

Which PCM are you using? Is it your original 2002 or possibly one that came with the 2003? There could be a difference between years for programming and should stay with the 2002 PCM.

Grab a copy of the manuals (link in my signature) and check the schematics to check the ignition switch outputs and power and grounds going into the PCM.
thank you for your help will for sure check out the content and let u know what happens

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online