2002 TB wreck - Hancock County MS: Two women rescued from burning TB near I10

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Good ol' rednecks. First on the scene have crowbars, but no fire extinguishers. But their hearts were sure in the right place.

Lessons: ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher or two. And some bottled water. And fire-resistant gloves.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like that a dude with a pickup pulled it out of the woods and the mixer stopped to lend water. Nice to see good people take action and not wait for the law or worry about being sued. They deserve medals.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Feel good story of the day! I agree with you guys that it's nice to see some good folks are still left out there!!!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
bigytwotone said:
that is the best news i have read in along time it is so nice to see people willing to help save a life of someone they don't even know or care about.

It is nice to see people help! Does anyone remember when a bunch of bystanders helped out in a rollover on a freeway and the car landed on top of a motocycler. The people all grabbed on to the car and rolled it off the guy enough to pull him to safety. I don't know how to attach a video link from you tube, it is truly amazing to watch. If someone can post the video :thumbsup: please... Watch the onlooker in the suit that doesn't even help at all n it was his car I believe. The video is a good example of the coward n the courageous.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Denali n DOO said:
... I don't know how to attach a video link from you tube,...
Copy the URL when you're watching the video. It will look like this:

"http://youtu.be/QFvNhsWMU0c"

Then press the VIDEO link button here and paste the Youtube URL inside the tags

View attachment 22360

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 113

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Are there "car specific" fire extinguishers? The extreme temperature variations that car interiors go through make me wonder if an ordinary extinguisher would be a bad idea or not.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Great news in deed, nice to hear there are still people out here that don't sit a watch but try and help. GOD BLESS Them

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
Are there "car specific" fire extinguishers? The extreme temperature variations that car interiors go through make me wonder if an ordinary extinguisher would be a bad idea or not.

I have one that says auto and a larger standard one. Menards had the auto for a good price and most home improvement stores carry similar.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I would always carry 2 extinguishers just to be on the safe side. I would rather have one for me and one in case I ever ran into a scenario like this one. I foresee a rear storage area being built in phantom so I can safely store my emergency roadside kit, and family emergency kit. I don't think the hubby would be up to it, as it will take away from putting a audio system in the back. But it would be worth every penny to be able to put both E kits in the truck, instead of having to pick and choose what safety items I store in it.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Build a cargo box that has room for e-kits plus an integrated sub box :wootwoot:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
Build a cargo box that has room for e-kits plus an integrated sub box :wootwoot:

But then where do I put my groceries?? :undecided:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
But then where do I put my groceries?? :undecided:

On top of the cargo box :biggrin: Could build it with a taller back piece that has hooks on it to hold bags in place. Oh yeah I have an answer for everything :wootwoot: :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online