2002 Tahoe snowplow Question

Tux05

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Northern ontario
Looking at getting a 2002 Tahoe with a plow on it will be used only to plow snow. Not sure if it is a 5.3 or not do not have a lot of info now. Does anyone have any info on how they handel a plow with the front suspension etc does anyone have one set up now and how do you like it. Thanks

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The only real complaint I have head is from owners with the 1500 suspension. The back end becomes very light, and they usually end up having to put some sand bags in the back. The front end squat is noticeable, but negligible (2-3 inchs). As long as you are just keeping it on a parking lot type surface, it wont affect you.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The only real complaint I have head is from owners with the 1500 suspension. The back end becomes very light, and they usually end up having to put some sand bags in the back. The front end squat is noticeable, but negligible (2-3 inchs). As long as you are just keeping it on a parking lot type surface, it wont affect you.
You just turn up the torsion keys to fix the squat. It could also be the tahoe based on the 2500. That would be a find.

Reactions: Mounce

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
You don't mention what make/size plow but both my son and myself had Tahoes with Western 7.5' plows and never had a problem. Great plow trucks, never had to mess with the suspension or add extra weight. Good idea to take them off during dry spells unless it's strictly a yard truck.

Tux05

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Northern ontario
I'm not sure of the plow size all I know is it is an artic plow I don't know anything about artic plows I only have some experience with Myer's in the past

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online